NEW version 1.3 (much easier!)

Otome dating sim with life simulation gameplay: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

NEW version 1.3 (much easier!)

Post by jack1974 »

Since some users found the game too hard I've made a new version 1.3 (which also uses new Ren'Py build). You can download it at the same URLs, from the game page: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm

even the Normal mode now is easier. The Easy mode is really easy: every time I play, I can get the "normal" ending in mid/late August, so quite some time before the deadline.
reader
Young scout

Re: NEW version 1.3 (much easier!)

Post by reader »

Thanks for being so responsive to player feedback to the point of revising the game. Wouldn't mind trying the version out but had a question first. Is it possible to create a second copy of the game without messing with my original purchased full version? Not sure that I am looking to go to an easier version until I play it. SInce this is an exe file it sounds like this would replace my original game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's enough to install it in another directory. For example by default it installs on:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Always Remember Me
when you install it, in the second screen click on "Browse" and then select a different directory, for example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winter Wolves\Backup
(or any other name).
You'll still be able to load the previous savegames
YakuzaDog
Young scout

Post by YakuzaDog »

Hi there! I really appreciate the new easy version. Today I downloaded the new 1.3c version on the main page. I've already bought the full version a long time ago, but while I was playing, the game stopped me at the end of the demo. How would I fix this so I get the full 1.3c version?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The game is compatible with previous versions registration, if you see the buy now button in main menu you might need to register again, otherwise all should work. By the way the links above are no longer valid, just use the standard download links to get the latest version!
reader
Young scout

Post by reader »

Have completed all the endings on the prior version of the easy mode. Was still falling short on the normal mode when going after hugh. Finally got his ending with a bit of saving/reload when the results for a visit/stat raise didn't go as intended. Mainly discover that too many stat events do not raise the stat needed to get the proper ending. Would still suggest that if mood/energy is fairly high and even a good level of score on the stat itself to indicate a skill level with it, that the event should be a success most of the time with such matches. And with that I mean, if creativity is an indicated increase stat, then a successful action would result in an increase to creativity. Have just downloaded this easier version so I'm hopeful that these balance issues are thus addressed.

Such details are essential to the core of a game from my stand point anyway and where we seem to continue to disagree. This considering the demos and games I have purchased from you thus far. Sure that you must consider a certain balance in what all of your game players would like to see in a game. Just feel that using the additional stats as ending reqirements and then adjusting difficultly level if needed would be a better way to go than simplifying the game down to a one stat requirement. Hopefully this additonal depth to future stat games is of interest to you as you mention it is something you said you will consider for future projects. With your always remember game as a specific, it still bugs me a great deal that so many stats are built in the game that are not a factor in the ending. Amy is a great character and the mood of the game is done well. Just feel that these additional items would provide the needed depth for what is really a stat building game in the first place.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm actually changing it so that if you have a certain value (like morale or health >50) you ALWAYS are successful, it's a minor change that I could implement without the fear of unbalancing everything. I think will do this for sure, thanks for the suggestion! As for the different endings based on a secondary stat, I might think about it too. I mean as long as the "different" ending consists only on variations of the ending texts, that can be done but adding new art at this point is very unlikely.
As for future games, definitely will have more than one stats and more variations, and surely LESS frustration/randomness of results.
namia4
Young scout

Post by namia4 »

I went and did as you said above and idk but it says my email has been used already this week...i'm so confused.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well because you registered 3+ times, I've reset it now, please try again!
namia4
Young scout

Post by namia4 »

oh...sorry! but I got it now! thanks so much!! hehe I feel happy now!