How to make your suggestions

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

How to make your suggestions

Post by jack1974 »

Due to the amount of requests you guys generate it is not always possible to add them all!
However if you got a nice idea for new features for one of our games, post it here, you'll never know ;)
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

Ok here goes then: Definitely the swimming pool is something I want once I'm rich and famous. Say 20 grand and 50 a month to keep it up, but they train 1/3 faster. However, if you fixed the doctors/health issues I might never get rich. I find using the cheapest doctor does a fine job, and no matter which doctor I have the health improves by only one star each month, hence making spending the money useless. In the ring, having low health doesn't seem to make any difference, as the actual physical problems or being KOed is the only thing that stops the fight.

I need the bigger integer value for money though, I can't complete a career because I have more than 32 grand in the bank.

Scouting needs to be tougher before we sign a fighter, impressions rather than actual potential shown. They should not always pan out however, maybe a guy never gets full strength and can't break an eggshell. I think having an amateur record to help show what they're like might be cool... it'll all make it a gamble factor, which would be more realistic with the young boxers.

Thinking back on money, it should be reversed, where the boxer gets the lion's share, particularly the champions. This of course means entire reworking of the money system, but it'll make negotiating skill actually meaningful, because the difference of 5% to 6% will be a big deal now for my cut, rather than me sacrificing 4 bucks of $150.

Charisma skill seemingly means nothing, sure I can motivate my boxers a little faster, but after a few months they're all happy and whatnot. Also, they should have morale improve if they win, and go down if they lose... but there's some intangibles there... a tough loss to a tough fighter wouldn't hurt so much as a surprise KO from someone you never saw coming. It would be very tough to implement, the other half of this being your popularity goes down if you always pick easy fights (like I do hehe) and avoid the big guys who are a threat. I would get a reputation as a wimp manager who only likes winning records.

There aren't as many surprise knockdowns as before, but still... a few too many. We had discussed a "legs" factor before, I think it would be awesome. The better "legs" a guy has, the less likely he can be knocked down, thus having the fighter who goes down for the first time in 27 fights, rather than it being a regular occurance as we have now.

The boxer skills should more reflect their weight classes... featherweights can't have the same strength as a heavyweight, and the heavyweight shouldn't be as fast as the little guy typically. So a truly fast heavyweight would be the rare occurance and maybe a great champion.

Rankings make sense but they don't. I like a tier system where you fight guys in the same "class" as you. I love having a young fighter with high values who just mows down the opposition from ranking 97 to 25, but it's not too realistic.

We need to be able to throw in the towel... and the opposition as well. Again, tough to do, you have to calculate how bad he's being beaten so it doesn't look silly.

Random occurances are too few, and nothing really kills a career. We need drug busts, prison sentences, stuff like that, and repeats more likely. Someone once suggested illegal drugs for boosting performance, but you might get caught... nice thought.

*pant pant* ok that's enough for tonight. That'll probably be 6 months worth anyway. :D
Last edited by Ken_Goding on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heh well I remember your request for the new training method in UBM (the swimming pool). If you have some more, yes a refresh would be good :)
wildcard
Young scout

Re: How to make your suggestions

Post by wildcard »

Since you already got a half-lizard thing planned for Loren, it probably would not fit in there, but I hope that in one of your future RPGs you'll be able to fit Naga in. AS GOOD GUYS!
I'm kinda tired of them being just another evil race to defeat everywhere *pointly glaring at Diablo 3*
Even better if the Naga would be playable >3< (or romanceable <3)
Naga, in case you don't know are half human (upper body) half snake (lower part) and I really love them -^-^-

Also for live simulations or games in general, I enjoy little side quests or events a lot.
They don't need to give great rewards, but just so you can learn a little more about the characters. Or make the lives realistic (in cases of simulations).
Little stuff like 'You see something glittering on the ground', where you can choose wether to ignore it or check it out. It could randomly be decided what it is. Starting from 'classic' money coins, to a glass shard (that might or might not injure you), to a button, ring or some sort of medal or valuable pin. The later three could become quest items in searching for the owner, who might or might not be frantically looking for it. Depending on who the owner is one might be rewarded - or get accused of having stolen it :3
That kind of events :3

I also remember a game called 'Mafia' on C64 with lots of fondness. Something like that + various romances (and especially the consequences of pursuing the romances (and perhaps inner conflicts) and getting 'revealed') would be awesome *0*

And...
I love ninja and samurai. And old japan / old china.
If there was a game like Loren in such a setting... *0*

AND/OR Onmyouji with demons and all that. But good demons as well as bad ones and other mythical beings *swoons*

*coughs*
Yeah. My fangirl dreams :3
For most I have a loads of ideas, but I know you are already so busy with your current games ^^°
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

wildcard wrote:Since you already got a half-lizard thing planned for Loren, it probably would not fit in there, but I hope that in one of your future RPGs you'll be able to fit Naga in. AS GOOD GUYS!
I'm kinda tired of them being just another evil race to defeat everywhere *pointly glaring at Diablo 3*
Even better if the Naga would be playable >3< (or romanceable <3)
Naga, in case you don't know are half human (upper body) half snake (lower part) and I really love them -^-^-

*coughs*
Yeah. My fangirl dreams :3
For most I have a loads of ideas, but I know you are already so busy with your current games ^^°
Oh yes please, I'm tired of Naga and lizardmen always being the bad guys, which is why I'm looking forward to seeing more about Selith in the sequel.

You should look up a series by Lisa Smedman, the House of Serpents trilogy, it's focused on the Yuan-ti or the snake people from D&D (I have no idea if your aware or not) the main heroine is a yuan-ti woman.
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

*makes a note*
I'll likely check that out soon!

I didn't knew so far D&D had naga too *surprised* must scold GM next time I see him for keeping that from me! He KNOWS I love those kinds -.-
I liked how our Legend of the five Rings GM made them playable for our group -^-^- Thought I never got around having one ^^°
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sylrissa wrote: Oh yes please, I'm tired of Naga and lizardmen always being the bad guys, which is why I'm looking forward to seeing more about Selith in the sequel.
Definitely. Loren was a bit more stereotyped than Planet Stronghold where there were really no "good" or "bad" guys. (Ahem, well I guess the King Oscar is a bit of a bastard though :lol:)
tnek89
Young scout

Post by tnek89 »

I think you should do a game based on all of the workers at winter wolves that wander this forum including yourself. You guys have really likable personalities, and that's one of the main things I looks for in a game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol yes,a game like game dev story :mrgreen:
tnek89
Young scout

Post by tnek89 »

That idea is cool, Sakura River Interactive did a game about developing games too. Wasn't their best game ever.