easy mode?

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
reader
Young scout

easy mode?

Post by reader »

Saw you mention an easy mode for the game but I don't see a skill level option in my game. Purchased the deluxe version but not the girl love option yet. Am I missing something or did this option get removed? Was also curious about the parings with the boys. My girl was an artist and she didn't match up very well with the locations for the boys in the game. She can of course go to these other locations but would need to get into another career to have enough exposure at these locations to interest said boy. Working at the farm for example tended to have a reducing effect on the art stats.

Also, is the visit for the title at random? The visit I received while trying to be an artist was to get decorum to 99 and seduction to 75. Hardly related to the career path of an artist. Suppose your idea of uping the stats to 250 I believe you mention in the forum didn't get implemented as it looks like stats are still maxed at 100.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: easy mode?

Post by jack1974 »

reader wrote:Saw you mention an easy mode for the game but I don't see a skill level option in my game. Purchased the deluxe version but not the girl love option yet. Am I missing something or did this option get removed?
What you mean by "skill level" option ? I always had only the difficulty level in the game, I never had any skill level option.

As for the pairing yes you need to take jobs that happens in the places where the boy can be usually be found.
reader wrote:Also, is the visit for the title at random? The visit I received while trying to be an artist was to get decorum to 99 and seduction to 75. Hardly related to the career path of an artist. Suppose your idea of uping the stats to 250 I believe you mention in the forum didn't get implemented as it looks like stats are still maxed at 100.
The visit happens after your character reaches a certain age, and is random, not related to your current career, so yes it can be quite hard to win the title. The stats are still maxed at 100.
reader
Young scout

Post by reader »

In response to your "skill level option" question.

[quote="jack1974"]Well I just did a 1.0.2 update. Changes:
· you can now choose to create the character instantly,with random starting attributes
· you can now choose to play in Easy Mode. In this mode,your skills will never go down, and the taxes will be much lower. Recommended only fo people that find the normal mode too hard!

I didn't see anywhere in my game where I could choose to play easy mode or normal mode.

So since the artist character doesn't have a paring location match she ends up alone or has to work a second career to find love? Poor misunderstood artists!

The visits being random is rather disappointing. A visit that is meant to inspire the character to become the best in her field would certainly be more interesting.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The choice is right at the beginning, after you do the character creation phase, you're asked about the tutorial and then at which difficulty level you want to play.
reader wrote:So since the artist character doesn't have a paring location match she ends up alone or has to work a second career to find love? Poor misunderstood artists!
Heh, well if you play the GxG expansion, there's a character (Yana) who frequent the Artists Guild :)
reader wrote:The visits being random is rather disappointing. A visit that is meant to inspire the character to become the best in her field would certainly be more interesting.
Yes I agree, might change this in a update, like see what is the highest skill of the character and pick a somewhat related Title to achieve!
reader
Young scout

Post by reader »

Thanks for the reply. Would have been nice to have someone for everyone. Want to try the game out more to see if the girl-girl options are something of interest. Guess there isn't a girl-girl sort of demo then?

Went through the opening again and it turns out you don't get the difficulty level option if you select the tutorial. So what level does the game default to in this case? Normal or easy?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

reader wrote:Thanks for the reply. Would have been nice to have someone for everyone. Want to try the game out more to see if the girl-girl options are something of interest. Guess there isn't a girl-girl sort of demo then?
Well there's a demo for both boys/girls :) I mean, the game demo ends after you met EVERY character at least once, so you can get a taste of all the romance options.
reader wrote: Went through the opening again and it turns out you don't get the difficulty level option if you select the tutorial. So what level does the game default to in this case? Normal or easy?
Ah! I remembered now, if you choose the tutorial the game should default to Easy option. Even if probably isn't really intuitive, I forgot to change it :oops:
reader
Young scout

Post by reader »

As the game is pretty much directed toward a certain career goal, actually didn't meet everyone, even after multiple plays.

Feedback-didn't want to clutter up the thread so will just give my two cents here.

Have purchased 3 games now and think you have a good game in each case. The always game goes more into amy's story so it is my favorite of the three. Spirited heart provides another raising sim in the genre of princess maker, so enjoyed having a new game in this realm. Was against the taxes option but it did turn out to be an interesting strategy point. Trying to keep track of the next tax collection and spending as much money as possible on something productive so the tax man would get nothing. The dice option on jobs was also a good addition. Especially that it is optional. You can see how close to a good performance you are and then try your luck at getting the last few numbers to improve the job performance.

Would have liked more side options similar to the opening that would provide more story elements about the girl though. Overall, had the same impression with your other games. Good but would have liked more to provide the game more depth and challenge. Spirited heart, like your always game, only uses really 3 stats for any one game best that I can tell. You work the first level job to get the two stats needed for the second level job. Then just keep working that job until you max out the third stat which allows you top performance every time you work the job. Somehow this girls lands the love of her life without any: social skills, carisma, seduction, etc. A requirement for some of these would have made the game much better in my opinion. Getting the guy tends to be a matter of working at a place he shows up enough to have the encounters. Then take him on holidays after you become engaged until he proposes. So my suggestions would include using these other stats that the player spends all this time building up to influence the game outcomes. Plus there doesn't seem to be enough to do in the game. Princess maker had all sorts of side options. Purchasing items woud be a good addition. Don't know if you want to get into say different dresses to avoid needing new artwork. But rings, necklace, etc to boast a relevant stat would be a good thing. Plus the various challenges princess maker had. Where she can compete at being the best cook, etc. Also other princess maker options like visiting people around town to try and boost her stats. Everything suggested is already in the game as far as art work and stats. Would just need programming adjustments. The challenges for best cook, dancer, etc could take place on a precise date. The day may need to be split up into more than one option though which only seems more accurate anyway to allow additional actions. Then adjust the requirements for the endings. Say the farm ending of course wouldn't need the courtly stats for instance. A record of what endings one has gotten would be great also. SImilar to what you have in always. All seem doable without a large cost attached to them. Hope you will consider implementing them as it would make the game much more enjoyable to my way of thinking anyway.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for your suggestions. For Spirited Heart, I have the problem that the artist I worked with doesn't take commission anymore, so I want to avoid mixing too many styles. I have though all the art needed to make a sequel, and in this case will surely add more options like visit town and do other things beside working at the job.
A gallery option with all the endings unlocked could be a good idea too. When I'm finished with all the current game in progress will see if I have time to improve it further, but in worse case will remember all your suggestion for the sequel!