9th August 2011

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

9th August 2011

Post by jack1974 »

My girlfriend's mother, who usually spend one month here with us during summer, just left. She comes here "in the mountains" because is much cooler than in the city.
Our dog Artù jumped on a seat nearby the kitchen windows, so he could see the car with her leaving. He was barking at her, like if he knew that she was leaving and one year needed to pass before he could see her again. There has always been a special feeling between them, and my girlfriend was almost jealous of her.

Her departure was always a sad thing, because somehow marked that another summer was almost over, another month has passed, another year of the life gone.
This year is even more sad, because my uncle Don Giulio was hospitalized and he's in serious conditions. I am very grateful to him for all he has done when I was younger. He bought me my first personal computer, the C64, on which I learned to code in basic. Then the Amiga 500, where I played with AMOS (a sort of game-dev basic). And so on until the PC when I was attending college.

If you liked any of my games, beside me you should thank him. Without his help, none of my games today would exists.
Yesterday had a crisis, and when I left the room I looked for one last time at him, knowing that it was the last time I would have seen him alive, since I now live far away and can't come see him often.

I don't know why I wrote this. Or maybe I know, because I needed to write it. Even if my English is not perfect, I've always wanted to write down my feeling/emotions. If you've read this, thank you for your time.

I look at the mountains in distance and I see dark grey clouds approaching. The summer has ended, doesn't it?
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Re: 9th August 2011

Post by Rebly82 »

I'm sorry to hear this happening. I think it's good to let your feelings run once in awhile. Perhaps your uncle will be with you in spirit, even though you can't be with him physically. I'd say the rain brings about new fortune and a renewal of energy, but that's probably me being weird. :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for your words :)
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

You have my best wishes.

Somebody a lot smarter that me said, "You can't fully appreciate the mountaintop until you've spent time at the bottom of the canyon."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks. It's all over now, I'll need a bit of time to recover but I will keep working on my games, though at a bit slower pace for at least one month. Lots of stuff to think about.
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Thank you Don Giulio
And thank you pack leader :)