Undead work in progress....

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Undead work in progress....

Post by jack1974 »

Ah sorry you didn't know, but I'm going to use Ace also for the "evil" version, since some developer friend (female, probably more sensible to such stuff) said that by making the BLIND character the evil I would imply the association that someone blind=evil :oops:
I think will just use one name and just put "evil" on it, or perhaps just add a good <--> evil indicator like in those Bioware RPGs (KOTOR), also because since Undead Lily is going to be in the game's title, should be a major character... having two names for the main character... don't know, doesn't sound right.

About the skills, yes, that won't be hard at all. This game is going to be much easier to code than Planet Stronghold, also because will be easier. I mean, will have more gameplay variants but nothing really complex like that game (for example the "inventory" part only consists of different weapons, not armor or anything else). I might change that to weapons indeed, since is the only equippable kind of item!
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

Hey, long as I get to play as the guy, it's coo! Honestly enough, I actually do like Aces & Eights for both too, though something like Dead Man's Hand might work too.

Anyhoo, I'm glad you're going to have an easier time of it. Good luck.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

A WIP of the battle system:
I am not sure yet how I'll do this. I want to do something less tactic than Planet Stronghold, in semi-realtime, something I believe would work better with the game theme. Still have some technical difficulties so not sure yet what the final result will be :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

An update. Got 4 of the 12 characters battle pose done. Still long way to go, but getting there (I'm talking only about art, then I still need to write the plot and the game!).
I also commissioned animated backgrounds :) The image below really doesn't make justice to it, so will post a video on youtube once I have fully implemented all the animations:
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

The artwork is very attractive!

very respectfully,
fleet
Moonstruck Muse
Young scout

Post by Moonstruck Muse »

The art is just gorgeous! Can't wait for this game. :D
Moussey
Young scout

Post by Moussey »

Hiya. :3

I just wanted to say that this game looks seriously awesome. I am so looking forward to it.

I was just wondering on what the estimated release date is? I know that you're working on Spirited Heart first but I'm not entirely sure what your project line up is after that. It kinda looks like you'll be juggling Loren and this game at the same time once SH is done. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Spirited Heart Girl's Love is basically done, I'm only waiting for some last art and ending voiceovers. So now I'm effectively working on Loren RPG and waiting for the writing for Undead Lily, but is still missing all the romance CGs which are quite a lot.
So yes I'll be working on Loren and Undead Lily at same time depending how quick are the respective artists/writers. Undead Lily combat and rules are easier than Loren so it's likely that in the end I'll finish this one first (though you can't never know).

In any case, is very unlikely that any of the two will come out before next Christmas. I know previously I said Loren could be out by September but that was before I decided to have a full featured RPG (inventory, classes, skills, map, etc).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think this will be the final look of the game, speaking of the interface layout. It's simple UI but I think fits better for this kind of game/mood :)
Carmentis
Young scout

Post by Carmentis »

Indeed! While it does look very nice with that area of the world I dunno if it would quite look as well with say the Earth world or say Water.

Also I was just thinking, you basically start off as 'good/angel' Lily? I mean I sorta thought you started off as neutral like your slate was wiped clean. I know that would require a lot more CG art so I can understand why you wouldn't want another Lily but it kinda irks me that even though I would do more good things my appearance wouldn't change when evil decisions get a really cool change. Sorta like Fable, you start off neutral and your decisions change you from both good and evil.