boxing manager, nice game!

Boxing management simulation game
gino
Young scout

boxing manager, nice game!

Post by gino »

Just played your boxing manager and I've decided to buy it!
Even if I'm not a fan of that sport in particular... but the game looked so nice and I had some spare money on my paypal account, so... ;)

I just want to suggest to make a better boxer search though. Being able to search by age and/or category would make it much better...!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You'll be happy to know that I'm adding this new improved search right now! I'm doing a new UBM update that will be hopefully in beta-testing within a few days.
As always I'll put it on my .net domain and I'll post a message here in announcement forums when the new beta is ready.
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

OH good! I might actually get to be home some this month.
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

This will, I hope, include a regenerator to give me more fighters to sign? It's still a big deal with the career I'm using.

Wow, I finally got to try the latest build here tonight (well, latest I've downloaded, which was 1-2 months ago) and it's by far the best I've seen. :)
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

My apologies, you did add it... I just needed to get through a couple months. Now I'm a very happy man! Too bad I couldn't have played the last couple months.
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Dude, you are da man! Not once have I seen the movement error on a knockdown either.

So now I can return to nitpicking :lol:

It's very hard to keep health up, even with a health clinic. You'd think that they'd recover faster after a tough fight, but they seem to always go up by one notch no matter what. And since they're getting hit more in the fights (fair enough, I find it very realistic now), they frequently get down close to the bottom after only a couple rounds, even if they win the rounds. Just seems a little bit much in my opinion.

Ok I found a little weirdness... scheduled a fight with a guy and upon doing so his name changed! His stats stayed the same but it's a different name.

Ah, it changed to the name of the guy one of my other fighters is fighting... how odd.
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

My new boxer: Age 16. 43 wins, 44 losses, 2 draws. He's been a busy boy, when did he start, at 6? :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

LOL indeed at that age has a bit too much matches played :D
Ok good that you reported those small bugs now, so I can fix them immediatly since I'm working on the update today.
As you might know I'm quite busy working on USM2 but I want to keep updating also my old games :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ahh found the bug! It happened only when you restarted a game, without quitting from desktop. Basically it was adding new matches to existing ones! so every restart the number of win, losses etc was increased :oops:

Thanks for reporting it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've just uploaded new 1.3.3 beta version:
games/ubmdemo.zip (mac beta)
games/UBMTrial.exe (pc beta)

let me know if you find any problems!