Remember Me

Otome dating sim with life simulation gameplay: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Remember Me

Post by jack1974 »

Update: I'm officially a fool, because I'm going to add another stat!
"Energy", that will be consumed doing physical task (like working, but also swimming) and you can replenish it by sleeping or eating food. I decided to add this since will make the simulation part MUCH more fun, and also makes sense... before you would lose morale when working (which is somewhat realistic lol) but now you lose always energy, and morale only if the days go bad. Also, makes more sense since now some tasks won't be available if you don't have high enough morale/energy (who wants to swim with low energy? who wants to dange with low morale? etc).

Might delay game release a bit (adding 1 stat in a lifesim, can change a LOT of stuff!) but it will also make it for sure more fun.
JackoWords
Young scout

Post by JackoWords »

Definitely sounds reasonable! If you want an early beta...I have my PayPal here ready...:)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks. The energy is already implemented and works well within the gameplay:
in practice energy will refill every day when you sleep by a certain amount, while morale must be raised by doing activies. Most activities consume Energy, so this mechanic seems to work quite well so far!

I also like how some activities are available only during certain parts of the day, so that you have effectively to discover what you can do in every moment of the game :)
JackoWords
Young scout

Post by JackoWords »

Can always use more screenshots. :)

Her 'success' picture for exercise is hilarious, though. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes lol! The various action chibies are standards, the only one that changes is the one on the right that is Amy happy=success, Amy sad=failure :)
JackoWords
Young scout

Post by JackoWords »

*casually strolls in*

It's near the end of the month...;)

*craftily strolls out*
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I sent the texts to proofread today, at this point I think a mid-April preorders could be very likely. I need to link all the events together and do some preliminary testing first, like to see if the game is too hard/easy, if you can raise the skills too quickly, and so on :)
JackoWords
Young scout

Post by JackoWords »

Haha, cool! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today started linking together the events and at same time test that the game isn't too easy/hard. I started with Lawrence romance subplot:
in general get the "normal" endings for each of the characters shouldn't be too much trouble, but the "special" one should pose some challenge to the player :)
JackoWords
Young scout

Post by JackoWords »

Sounds deep! Cool!