What are you playing?

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: What are you playing?

Post by jack1974 »

Hah I'm stuck with Rennala since I am playing pure sorcerer, I reinforced a dagger and managed to get to second phase but that always gets me. With a melee build I'm sure will be easier!
Divine Tower is cool, I had the cat talisman so no worries of falling to death :wink: however I am stuck with the godskin boss (I think is called that) at the basement... need to get more powerful spells or maybe just level up more (currently lvl 59).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

The good news is beating Rennala gives you access to respec. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

But I want to play as sorcerer! I only need to find some melee guy to co-op :)
In DS3 I could solo all bosses except 2-3 (Gael/Midir/Cinder) but this game seems less "caster friendly" than previous souls games!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I'm doing quick melee/caster, now that I got a good katana.

My look at the end of the day.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Looks cool! I am playing as usual with a pure sorcerer (name Chambara :wink:). I always pick that class/name in every soul game I try the first time. Then usually make another build, heavy hitter, and call her Krimm haha
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I must be getting closer to the end, because it just got a lot harder. Summons are my friends now.

Since I can't take more than a few hits from the big enemies anyway, time to break out the cloth armor and go light load glass cannon. Let the summons tank, they can take 10-15 strong hits.

It doesn't look like I will get any new good weapons that work for my build, so these will just keep being upgraded.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes at one point I noticed too that going heavy armor seems useless since most high end bosses can almost oneshot you anyway, so better to jumproll and evade (that was the same in previous souls games too).
And yes summons are really powerful once upgraded to the max, need to try again Rennala with better summons :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Of course, an hour later I find an area I'd missed, which is now super easy. :)

I have the Mimic summon maxed, which copies myself, except with a million more HP and defense, it seems.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha interesting! I want to try that one too. I now stumbled into Radahn battle and ughh lol
Whoever said this game was easier than other souls is mad!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Yeah, Radahn kicked my ass for a while, but it's a gate keeping fight that opens up important stuff.