Planet Stronghold 2 beta begins!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 beta begins!

Post by jack1974 »

Interesting. Well the agility has definitely impact, meaning it can make you harder to hit. However, it's more a binary thing to get hit (yes/no) and the damage reduction for miss is 20% reduction. For the critical chance instead is calculated in percentage. But maybe the impact is not as high as it should be, and I should change something.
As for Will, I admit I didn't test it properly so I need to check. Having Will to zero should definitely have an impact on morale during battles! :lol:

I also thought to put some limits to the attributes reallocation, like max values based on levels/class or minimum values...
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I just did the Giant Antlion with my setup, and it was super easy, even if it took a long time. My morale dropped to nearly 70 in the second fight, but then I took 4 turns in a row, and it was back to 100. Also, because I'm acting so quickly, the regen system means I almost never have to use skills/items to heal.

I feel like I'm abusing something (mostly Will, which seems to do nothing), but maybe it's actually snap shot that's broken with your speed/defense system? I'd need to do more tests.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I wanted speed to have more of an impact but probably too much :lol:
Remember that beside the type of shot (Snap shot) also the weapon speed matters.

To be honest I kind of expected some balancing issues, I was thinking also that probably the easiest solution would be adopting "soft-caps" like the Souls series. For example after 20 Dexterity the impact would drop to half, etc. It's a clever system to reduce balancing problems :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Out of curiosity which values you have on Dexterity/Speed right now? Probably either a hard or soft cap is necessary for that indeed!
Also maybe if you have a save before the antlion fight with your current setup I'd be interesting in playing it so I could see directly what could be tweaked :) thanks
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

My 4 mains have Dexterity/Speed 24(88), 19(74), 17(69) and 17(68) at level 2/3. (First 2 are Scouts with Perfect Shape.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm I am thinking that maybe is snap shot the broken thing then since I have some character with 90-100 speed here. But you aren't playing in Easy mode right? :)
Checked the code and indeed snap shot has wait 5 while the normal shoot 12. So less than half. A bit overpowered!! I am going to change that, I think it's the main issue!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Ah, it got harder in the next sector, the Bandit enemies are breaking my morale!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I think the stats were fine, but the snap shot was definitely overpowered. Less than half wait time of a normal shot was clearly a mistake. I now put wait 9, so "only" 30% faster than normal shots :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Oh, it was because I was fighting enemies 2-3 levels above mine...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yeah. Though it depends: if there are like 3 enemies and only 1 has 2-3 levels higher you might still beat them. Depends also on equipment, mostly. There's already a big difference between an epic weapon level 1 vs normal weapon level 3!