mature content in future games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
fleetp
Druid

Re: mature content in future games

Post by fleetp »

jack1974 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 pm Lol they accepted my appeal and said that if I remove this image:

then I can resubmit the game. Well I'll do it even if users on mobile will play a crippled game... :roll:
Good grief. What a bunch of prudes.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

For Heileen3 was even worse, just this picture was enough to block the update:
woah a man with naked chest!!! OBSCENITY!! those people have never been on a beach in their lives? lol
At least in this case I could just remove the screenshot but keep the stuff in the game...
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

No, I think it was because of the violence. Maybe if someone wasn't punching Sebastian in the face... ;)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Troyen wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:33 am
Franka wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:04 pm It looks like things are back to normal now!
Sort of. Looks like a bunch of games lost the "sexual content" tag even though they certainly still have some. Only 19 with that tag now.
Turns out I made the same mistake as someone else where I confused "new and trending" with the full list.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Troyen wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:52 am No, I think it was because of the violence. Maybe if someone wasn't punching Sebastian in the face... ;)
But that face demands to be punched!! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

another dev posted this on twitter. For me honestly doesn't matter. I mean, I always put the games on itchio first, I don't see the problem even if takes month to be on Steam. For my next games is probably going to be a "problem" only for Volleyball Heaven which has the hottest stuff from all my games ever :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I hope this means I can stop getting sales notifications for pixelated rpgmaker games I have no interest in.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes, indeed that's why I said it's a good thing. I also know a dev who is doing counseling for them so I have a sort of direct connection and will know how things go. This has the potential to solve many problems, hopefully they won't screw up :mrgreen:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

It seems like a really bad thing to me, to hold games hostage for an indefinite amount of time, when they're going to be allowed on Steam anyway, after they implement their filters. Not all people can afford to miss out on months of sales from games that were supposed to be released right about now. While there are other channels, even you admit that Steam is a big chunk of your income, for others it's just about the only source.

I think it's messed up that Valve won't allow new games with content that's similar to existing games on their store while they develop their infamous filters. I hope the filters themselves turn out to be more useful than the existing search systems and game "recommendations", but the process is a slap in the face to developers wanting to release their games on the platform.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that is a bad aspect, however it's not an uncommon risk when you basically rely 100% on an external partner. It always sucks. That's why I always tried to keep selling direct despite some other devs laughing at me for all the amount of effort vs the very little reward :)
Similar or worse stuff happens elsewhere, for example Google Play has now decided to randomly remove from sale some of my games for totally RANDOM reasons: the latest madness is C14 dating removed for "Inappropriate ads content". Yes, if ONLY THAT GAME HAD ADS :lol: (none of my games have ads!!)