development thread

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: development thread

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:43 am Remind me to never allow to continue romances again... :mrgreen:
So, about that Loren sequel... ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, what's done is done. But for future games...! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

adding the possibility to re-assign the attribute points for each party members. For the skills I'm not planning to, otherwise would be pointless to have non-combat skills (people could just memorize what skills are needed before each mission and then change them accordingly!)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Philipp's scenes are always the best :lol:
"Go away, I'm busy" :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've managed to make good progress, I'm now back at the point I was... ahem in April :o
BUT, with all the skills, randomized items and the combat working (more or less). So now I can resume coding the first batch of side-quests in a final way, using the non-combat skills, making enemy encounters, etc.
I think once I'm done with this part (I have 3 sidequests for rebel and 3 for empire, so 6 different ones) I could perhaps even begin with pre-ordering/beta for the few brave people who want to try it first. I'll see but in any case I don't think will begin before October.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

lol in the first recruitment round you can pick them in any order. If you visit Philipp first, you have the chance to drink with him (you can refuse). If you do, you'll get a bit drunk and the other scenes will reflect that! I am preparing an achievement for this, is needed :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I had to remove the randomized grenades but I found a good compromise, "leveling" grenades. The higher the level, the higher the damage range. This way it could happen for example that you get some lower level grenades that you might use or resell, etc (adding more variety than simply say all grenade does 30% damage of target's HP).
For the medikit/aquapura instead I just kept the percentages.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

an almost final version of the isometric map exploration. I need to make my mind about the resources and how to use them, beside crafting :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

skillcheck screen. For now I'm using same system as Cursed Lands, but since here you have a party each member with a skilltree I offer the choice (like in the first PS game).
I am not sure if to still have some randomness, but FIXED, not like the first game. Which means that even if you reload, the outcome will be the same (to avoid save scumming).
For example, required skill check value is 1, if a character has 1 would be 100% success. But if skill check is 5 and character has 1 could be like 20%, so reducing the success chance by a certain amount. This way instead of a YES/NO check people could pass the check even if they don't have the required value.

I need to do some tests to see what would be better :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

FEAR DEADLINES! :o
Since this game will be very similar to SOTW but in sci-fi, I thought to reuse the "days to next main plot event" thing. Of course no need to panic, if you play in easy level, it won't be a problem (or if you play in VN mode this has no impact of course).
I mean I don't plan to have any strict deadline at all, but like in SOTW it's made so that people playing in Hard/Nightmare, or people that simply want to fully explore/grind the map, they can :)