Cursed Lands version 1.0.13 (full content)

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
lumacakes
Young scout

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.0 (full content)

Post by lumacakes »

Is the demo on the most recent version? Because I was playing the demo on Hard mode and I was trying to train in the Citadel when I got this bug. It didn't break the game, I just had to go to the "load saves" page and back, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Required parameter town has no value.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 992, in script call
File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 1394, in script
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\rhea\Games\VNs\Demos\cursed-lands-demo\renpy\ast.py", line 794, in execute
values = apply_arguments(self.parameters, renpy.store._args, renpy.store._kwargs)
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\rhea\Games\VNs\Demos\cursed-lands-demo\renpy\ast.py", line 152, in apply_arguments
return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\rhea\Games\VNs\Demos\cursed-lands-demo\renpy\ast.py", line 120, in apply
raise Exception("Required parameter %s has no value." % name)
Exception: Required parameter town has no value.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Fri Mar 02 09:38:57 2018
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No I made the demo only to help some people testing, but now I'll remove it since it's like 2 months old and it will only create confusion (save games won't even be compatible!) :)
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

I'm curious: is there a way to spend skill points on social talents, and I'm just missing it?

I noticed in VN mode that (since I still got XP for finishing quests, and therefore leveled up), I could click on the skill pane on the party screen, choose a social talent, and select "learn this skill." I don't see any way to do that on the normal level up screen, so I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be something we could do or not. It certainly would be nice to spend skill points on social talents, so that, for example, your debt collector dwarf can still get acuity and see HP/SP.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah no that's not possible (social talents are super powerful so if you max it the game would become too easy even on Nightmare difficulty, and also to encourage replayability). So that is a bug in VN Mode, sorry :mrgreen:
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

I didn't think there was, and that makes sense, because, as you said, they'd break any semblance of game balance ("Hey give me an item and fight for me, and also I get a preemptive strike, oh, and you can't use your skills, either.") And since there's no way to get past the level up screen without spending points, it's weird that you can learn skills on the party screen, anyway.

On the other hand, it doesn't actually hurt VN mode at all, so it may not be worth trying to fix the bug, lest it break something else...
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Oh, and the "I played in a different mode as a dwarf and now my elf is a mutant" bug is back. Of course, I look normal again the first time I click on my portrait in the party screen.
Spoiler:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol not again. I am not sure why it still happens. How you reproduce it? Loading a save with two different races?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Nevermind, I found a solution. Since for some random reason displaying it in the party screen "sets" the right values, now I show for a millisecond it when you load a save (it's impossible to notice for the human eye), so the bug is gone! :) I am not sure why behaves like that but on the other hand once again I made a game pushing Ren'Py to the limits, so... might be that :mrgreen:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:16 pm Ah no that's not possible (social talents are super powerful
I see, that must be why I never used them. :lol:

(Well, that was more because I always failed 90% chances, and the delay on social talents is so ridiculously long, I could get 5 attacks instead.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, well the social talents is a way of playing, maybe not for everyone :mrgreen:
But I swear the chances are the one displayed in the battle itself, so if you failed with 90% success chances you really had bad luck!