development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

a scene from Sylrissa's personal quest (available in act 3 but I am coding it already while I wait). I really love how this turned out, it's hilarious but also touching at same moment. I'm pretty sure that poor mage will tell the truth! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heading towards the end of Sylrissa's romance route. It's good to have almost act3 fully coded even before I update the game with act2 :mrgreen:
With each character you can pursue just a friendship relationship, so you still unlock their bonus equipment/skill/upgrade but not necessarily the romance CG.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

One of the bonus scenes in which Sylrissa shows up half-drunk, and remembers the name of an amazon wine badly... :mrgreen:
and the inevitable outcome... :o
Player00013
Young scout

Post by Player00013 »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:57 am Image
a scene from Sylrissa's personal quest (available in act 3 but I am coding it already while I wait). I really love how this turned out, it's hilarious but also touching at same moment. I'm pretty sure that poor mage will tell the truth! :lol:
Who is Morax?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Tsk tsk!!! You should remember that name: http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Morax
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:13 am Tsk tsk!!! You should remember that name: http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Morax
When we are on topic, I was allays wondering about difference of how demons are portrayed in Spirited Heart and other Avaron games, in SP they aren't really evil or anything while in other Avaron games they seem to be evil by nature, so I was wondering if something happened in between those games that we don't know about or if we are simply happening to come across bad demons in most of Avaron games and they ware never really all evil?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well demons are one thing, Demon goddess/demon lords are another :) The former will be more accepted while the latter are still "evil".
Yes things will change, Spirited Heart is set more in the "future" and demons can even have their own shops/restaurant (Yuza for example). It's a bit like how Dark Elves were at beginning of Loren or Amber's, and how they'll be treated after those games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

good news writer sent me the updated bossfights (are minor text variations only) and I've started coding them. Above is yet another new background to this game, which now has 94 different ones and about 25 unique :o
Devilish
Young scout

Post by Devilish »

Wow amasing background! I already LOVE this mysterious dark place *o*
Glad to know we're going to see a pack of brand new backgrounds! Yay! :gamer:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, actually I had to change it :lol: because it was supposed to be really a barren wasteland, with no tree or mountains. A flat surface in practice. But I can always reuse that bg in a future game.