Druid

Re: Progress Report

Post by Pace675 »

Just take my money already....XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha thanks, and indeed I'm taking your money already on Patreon :lol: Thanks for your support. I just finished Nuala's quest for CL, so starting today I'll begin coding the Love Bites gameplay stuff and see how long it takes to make the game :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

A fun thing happened today, was submitting the trading cards / other stuff to Steam and they rejected this awesome "thong emoticon"!!!!!!!
because wasn't suitable for general audience.
Silly me, everyone knows that THONGS ARE THE SOURCE OF ALL EVIL!!!!!! :o :twisted:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Just call it "Glasses with Fake Nose" emoticon instead.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes, unfortunately now it's too late. I bet if I used another name, they wouldn't have noticed!! my fault, such a basic mistake I made :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK jokes apart today worked a bit on this:
it's the "romance status screen", a bit similar to Roommates one. The relationship in this case increases simply by spending time/unlocking scenes with each character, while those two mysterious icons on the right... wait, I'll explain on next blog post, otherwise I wouldn't know what to write! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

schedule screen is almost done. As said in the blog post too, there's no stat raising to reach the romance endings, however there's still a bit of planning to do (albeit very simple compared to other dating sims).
I've reused a modified version of Roommates scheduler. The only thing I'm not sure is using the stress variable since works the opposite of the other two stats: both Money and Energy indeed have positive green (the numbers on bottom-left). So it's weird to see "+5 stress" in green like if it's a good thing :lol:
I thought to change it to "Relax" but honestly for the game is better to keep stress, also because that variable can lead to an "interesting" early ending... oops I'm saying too much again! :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm now starting to add all the various main plot+romance scenes together based on the player actions on the scheduler. In the pic above, one of the many dream/nightmare scenes. Those damn gelatinous monsters! Wait, maybe they should be rewarded for their effort to provide more fanservice :mrgreen:
Callista
Young scout

Post by Callista »

Nice! I'm totally looking forward to this. Miakoda is a great writer. :D
Looking for a high quality editor? Then check out my page here: https://callista.itch.io/
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yep, I agree :)
By the way I need to find a good way to explain a concept to the players. In practice, since in this game there isn't stat raising nor "right choice" that increase relationships, each love interest story goes on as long as you spend 2 days on EACH week working part-time for him/her (each love interest will offer a part-time job to the player).
So I need to explain this mechanic to the player: as long as you spend 2 days EACH week doing that love interest's job, the romance keeps going. If you skip a week, the romance won't progress further. Like you do up to week 5 Sabrina's part time job at the record store, then skip week 6 and resume week 7, the romance doesn't go on. Since there are 5 working days, it means you can progress in max 2 love interest/routes at once (but since there's no stat raising, replaying the game will be quick and painless).
This system is due to each event/scene tied to a specific day in the story. I need to think what to write to explain this mechanic easily to players...