Release date?

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
Axia88
Young scout

Re: Release date?

Post by Axia88 »

Hi everyone.

First Jack1974, don't compare SOTW with Loren, i think the two was too different.
I like them both, i really love the epicness of Loren, and i love the romance of SOTW (specially Chalassa/Althea, probably the best romance so far)

I think the way you choose for happy or bad romance ending with SOTW was good, you let the choice to choose an hardest way to get wath you want, or make your way to the end and deal with it.
I think both people who need happy and "realistic" ending are ok with that ^^.
Like some other, i was a bit frustrated by the ending of Eleanor/Loren romance, cause i have the feeling to pass through all of this challenges, all this fights, all this choices, for nothing.
The end seems to me like "Hey, they live together, but someday Loren die and Eleanor ended alone, deal". Wow... ^^
But ok, i'm not complaining about that.
I was really happy by your choice for Chalassa/Althea, it's not an happy ending, they share some burden, but they try to do their best together, and decide to walk forward.
The epilogue is just perfect with the background music, just make me tear (well, not exactly, but i feel something during this sequence ^^).

If i can make a preference choice for the drawing art, i think the one from Loren and SOTW was better than Bad Blood.
I like too the one from Bad Blood, but the characters seems too different to me from their SOTW version...
Except for the epilogue sequence, i love the tearing Althea (so cute, ok i'm done with it now).

Pave César, and sorry for my bad english, greeting from France, and good luck with your future project.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What characters you are referring to in Bad Blood ? the animal spirits? otherwise the art and colorists are the same of SOTW so I don't understand :)
Axia88
Young scout

Post by Axia88 »

It's not all Bad Blood, just some of them like the one when Althea ride Akkarim, the one when she kiss Chalassa, the Chalthea romance epilogue.
The Drawing seems more mature to me. Like a painting.
I don't remember same art in Loren or SOTW
The Animal Spirits are fine (i love fox, she's too fur ^^).
Andor83
Young scout

Post by Andor83 »

Hi!

When will Loren 2 be published?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Before the next ice age :lol:
Jokes apart, I don't know. I don't expect it to be out in the next 2-3 years.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

I might've already asked this, but will there ever be a sequel to SOTW?

That's been my fave Aravorn game thus far! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I am not planning to do any sequel anymore to any game :lol:
Because as I posted elsewhere, it has only drawbacks:
- a mess to keep the previous romances. having romances restart from scratch is a mess too
- people who were fan of the first game, for SURE won't like the second or keep comparing the two. You basically have a negative bonus already before starting (I already see this with Loren 2)

I will instead make spin-offs or games featuring cameos of existing characters. I could do DLC if a game is popular and people want to see more of those characters/story/setting. But sequels? after Loren 2 and PS2, I'm pretty sure I'll NEVER make one again. Not worth it :mrgreen:
wolfmare
Young scout

Post by wolfmare »

Sequel or not,I just want to romance Jul :twisted:
**ODX**
Young scout

Post by **ODX** »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:51 am I am not planning to do any sequel anymore to any game :lol:
Because as I posted elsewhere, it has only drawbacks:
- a mess to keep the previous romances. having romances restart from scratch is a mess too
- people who were fan of the first game, for SURE won't like the second or keep comparing the two. You basically have a negative bonus already before starting (I already see this with Loren 2)

I will instead make spin-offs or games featuring cameos of existing characters. I could do DLC if a game is popular and people want to see more of those characters/story/setting. But sequels? after Loren 2 and PS2, I'm pretty sure I'll NEVER make one again. Not worth it :mrgreen:
And yet, Mass Effect 2 is considered by most as far and away the best of the trilogy. The key to any good sequel is in the handling of the story and making sure that the overall gameplay loop is better than its predecessor.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but Bioware usually gets away by eliminating all the previous romanceable characters, or if they're still there, it's like if the romance never happened (or in any case, you can't romance them again in most cases). I'm doing something VERY different here (and it was a mistake) trying to allow players to go on with existing romances... :o