development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

Lady Geraldine is getting a bit carried away :mrgreen:
Sir Cedric is the "antagonist" of Geraldine :)

I like this storyline because it's more about the "political stuff", so a bit different from the other (more RPG-ish) sidequests.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

today had to restart testing the game from scratch :lol: because I forgot to add some important tracking variables for the camp talk. Since I was at it, also added the character portraits showing in map, as you recruit them (and then you can talk to them as well). Similar to what I did in Queen Of Thieves.
It's useful since differently from Loren, you immediately know if there's a talk scene that can be played with a specific character instead of just trying and get a generic reply "we have no time for this" :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm also starting to replace the character creation with a proper GUI and buttons (before I was just using the default Ren'Py stuff :mrgreen:). I'll probably make a video of the whole character creation process.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

taking a break from heavy coding today to add a few extra scenes to the game. There are already several camp talk scenes, but I'm adding a few more (I'll ask writer to double check them of course) because I KNOW that people want more of them :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

more fun with the character generation screen. This system is too good to use it only in one game... must reuse it again! 8)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:30 pm Image
more fun with the character generation screen. This system is too good to use it only in one game... must reuse it again! 8)
Lol time for some alpha testing!!!! :twisted:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:31 am Image
That second thing--it should be shamans as the plural, rather than shamen. It's an excellent question, though! :mrgreen:

Also, I'm wid (PHILLY-Speak) Pace: let's get this show on the road!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Why shamans instead of shamen ? Even the writer used that word, so I just copied from him :)
The version I'll put to test it's not even alpha anymore. It's a beta except that the story is not done so it can't be finished, otherwise it would be almost final build ! 8)
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

jack1974 wrote:Why shamans instead of shamen ? Even the writer used that word, so I just copied from him :)
That would be, because the word "shaman" doesn't derive from the English language, but rather an indigenous language. Thus it is not connected to the word "man" or its plural building rules in any way. The official plural is indeed "shamans."

Hope, I could help. :wink:
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that was helpful! Will change the word then :)