the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by jack1974 »

Those will be only some texts variant, and basically editing some existing CGs to eliminate the "extra male" (if possible, right now it's just an idea) or in case of people who just want yuri and aren't into poly stuff, "unwanted male" :) So just minor stuff, it's not like I'm going to add new routes or art or anything.It wouldn't be possible at this point. And also that's why I don't want people to pay anything extra for such a small change.
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

The extra Yuri non-poly text option, plus the editing of the CG (same CG, just edited for the extra Yuri non-poly option) sounds good. Do let us know if you will go through with it. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes need to talk with Forsaken and also artist (I think two of the ones who work for me could do a good editing job) to estimate how long will take, but I don't think should be long.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

About how long, approx, Jack?

I'm waitin until this game's got all its features to buy it, and the anticipation is KILLIN ME!!!!!!!! (Which, rather than meant as impatience, is a compliment to you and everyone who's worked on it! :mrgreen: )
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

I'm okay with both. But I also don't want to force Jack to overwork himself to death.

But if you edit the CGs, would they have to be redone?

Also, I'm okay with polygamy in the game, so you can include it in future games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No in this case for me would be rather simple. It would depend on writer/artist only. Editing the CG should be easy (would be only two CGs, the light plus endings). Luckily I have the background image, and a layer with the characters, so removing a character and adjusting the final result should be a simple task for an artist.
The only problem is that I'm not sure how much it would delay the game release, but for me wouldn't be much work at all :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today reviewed the texts and spoke with Forsaken who raised some good points.
For Lynn:
Spoiler:
It's never polygamy on Amber's side. As Forsaken told me by email:
Dark+: Amber successfully breaks up Lynn's engagement so she can have Lynn all to herself.
Dark: Amber causes a scene at the wedding.
Light: Amber attends Lynn's wedding.
Light+: Lynn marries Lair but she is Amber's lover (Amber does not have a relationship with Lair. She's just sharing Lynn with Lair).

So as you can see in this case it's not that Amber is in a threesome with Lynn and Lair. It's just that Amber is Lynn's lover, and Lair is fine with it. Probably the light plus ending CG showing all the three characters is misleading, and we could change the lines where Amber tells Lair "he can join" (offering the option to say that or not).
for Cosmina/Reed
Spoiler:
This is more complex, since indeed it's a route not just about Cosmina, but about Cosmina AND Reed. The blog post introduced both of them for that reason too.
I think the biggest problem is that how was planned it would be hard to change, since if you played it, they have sex even before the ending for all possible choices, and in the next scenes they always talk happily ALL of them.
So I am not sure honestly at this point what to do. I need to put some warning for sure, maybe change Cosmina's portrait to have both Cosmina and Reed (this way should be more obvious). For Lynn is different as you read above.

I know I said I would do those changes, but today I reviewed Cosmina's route and that would really be a lot of work to make it "yuri only".
Spoiler:
Would be weird to have them sleep all 3 together, and then at the end of the story have Amber reject only Reed for whatever reason :oops: And also think that Cosmina would be OK with that. Quite jarring and unrealistic.
I know it's a bit disappointing for yuri-only fans. On the other hand, remember what I said at the beginning of the thread: originally there was Ruby ONLY. And the storyboard/images were done years ago. Future yuri games won't have any of those issues, you can be sure of it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So this is what I've added for the next update: first of all I'm showing both Cosmina and Reed and even displaying both names in the status. So at least people are warned about what to expect when playing that route :)
Second since it's a threesome route it will always be enabled (since has both otome/yuri). Of course you can always choose to end the romance if you don't like it.
Forsaken will do the tweaks to Lynn's ending so it's obvious that that one isn't a poly ending, and I've also asked an artist if she can do a new Amber/Lynn kiss CG (so new one, not editing existing image). So if she can make it in time, at least you'll get that bonus.
Lol, it's already the game with most number of CGs I've EVER made! PSCD was big too, but this one with all the pin-up images is close to 40! :o
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

I was always convinced Cosmina and Reed were brother and sister...

Was I wrong?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Spoiler:
No they aren't. Have you played the game? :) it's explained in the story why they look similar.