Amber Beta Demo (NOT full story!!) 0.7.6

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber Beta Demo (NOT full story!!) 0.7.1

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the suggestions. I also could always limit to "gain max 1 skill point per day". So doing save-scum wouldn't work. And since each craft takes time, it's not like you can craft more than 5-6 items each day anyway :)

Regarding your crash, there's a bigger problem, I messed up the task system (eh, the only thing I coded myself!!! :lol:). Basically the reward is modified based on last task. That's why you had two same item reward: because the second one modified also the reward of the first! :oops:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

If max 1 skill point (in each category?) per day is balanced around the time it takes to complete the game (with extra time of course if you expect people to reach 100), then that would clearly be fine. Right now, I have a skill max of 30, but my highest skill level is only 10, so there seems to be some inconsistency here.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

How does the job system work anyway? It looks like I can only pick up jobs on mondays (?), but if I can complete them the same day, I can pick up another one and so on. I won't get any new jobs for the rest of the week no matter if I complete jobs or not.

That doesn't seem right. Either just give me one job for the whole week, let me get a new job when I finish one, or give a new job every few days (maybe 2-4 days randomly).

...uhm, wait. Now I get new jobs on Tuesdays as well. Is it just randomized?
Last edited by Franka on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Oh and sorry for spamming, but just noticed, the "Infertile Lands" event says that fertilizer prices are increased, but going to the shop I see an arrow pointing down, which I assume is a decrease in price?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:If max 1 skill point (in each category?) per day is balanced around the time it takes to complete the game (with extra time of course if you expect people to reach 100), then that would clearly be fine. Right now, I have a skill max of 30, but my highest skill level is only 10, so there seems to be some inconsistency here.
Hmm maybe not 1 per day. It depends also if you Study or not (study is independent from crafting). Sadly such thing can be tweaked only seeing people's numbers at end of the game :(
However since I don't want to make the game too grindy perhaps 2 skills max each day is better, also because some days are skipped because of the plot events. So yes, for now I'll make the limit to 2 skills up per day :)
Franka wrote:...uhm, wait. Now I get new jobs on Tuesdays as well. Is it just randomized?
Should be possible to get a job only in the first 3 days of the week, so Mon/Tue/Wed. I did that because had many events in the weekends and you could fail the tasks only because the plot events would play :lol: However, I also raised the deadlines on all tasks recently, so... yes I can remove that limit. Maybe just not have jobs during the weekend (so only Sat/Sun).
Franka wrote:Oh and sorry for spamming, but just noticed, the "Infertile Lands" event says that fertilizer prices are increased, but going to the shop I see an arrow pointing down, which I assume is a decrease in price?
Oops copy paste error. It actually increases gems prices :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Can I request a shop sorting option by price? I'm just looking to buy cheap stuff to practice my alchemy.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes need to find the space, or maybe remove one of the other sort methods :) but it's easy to add.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Already done it, also now the last selected sort remains when you enter the screen.
I wanted to fix the task bug before doing a new update, but I'm stuck :( I need to try more things and see if I can still use my system...
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

For now, I just take 1 task at a time.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

EDIT 2: Never mind, I'm an idiot.
Last edited by Franka on Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.