Amber development

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: Amber development

Post by Troyen »

Can you automatically sort those? By quality or price or something? That might give you something to do. ;)

(Maybe they're sorted by NPC, but that's not particularly helpful when buying.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes would be good to have two buttons to sort by quality or price (the two most important things). Will ask Anima who meanwhile has already sent me a function to buy the items listed. I'm taking a break now and will resume in the afternoon, but could make it for tomorrow, or worse case this weekend!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

today finished coding the new locations unlocked after 1st of Solaria... man there's still SO MUCH to do. I am trying to make the beta for this weekend though.
I also decided to allow "VN Mode" from the start, this way if people don't like the crafting/lifesim part can at least enjoy the story :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:Yes would be good to have two buttons to sort by quality or price (the two most important things). Will ask Anima who meanwhile has already sent me a function to buy the items listed. I'm taking a break now and will resume in the afternoon, but could make it for tomorrow, or worse case this weekend!
I don't know if you need buttons. I think the list should be pre-sorted by quality. Price is correlated to quality, with the exception of occasional random events, though if this is the buy window you can see the prices and just not pick the expensive ones.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes probably is better to just sort by quality by default :)
Right now I'm finish the coding of the main gameplay, since this "search and buy" feature it's the last I'll add. Unless people during beta tell me they're absolutely love the crafting gameplay it's better if I focus my attention elsewhere. This game has been very similar (in term of time) to the development of a new RPG :oops:
PSCD was much much easier to do, maybe also because I had clearly in mind how I wanted the game to be :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

haha I wasn't up coding at this hour (11PM here) since... 3 years (the "good" old SOTW times). Anyway, the end of demo screen is now finished, and I'm going to crash in bed :mrgreen:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Amber looks soooooooo cute in that pic. :give_heart:

Please tell me we'll get to see a lot of that smile in her adult stage. :)

Also, if I'm in any way being difficult tell me so I know to back off, but about when will the full version be out? EAGER to start w/ this, Jack!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I really want to finish the beta today, but remember that this first beta will allow playing only during young age, so not the full story. In the adult age there's the shop builder screen that I haven't tested yet (though I don't think should take more than 1 week to do it, but you never know).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Added possibility to buy high level books/recipes in the Mage's Guild. Now have to do the Thief's "random stolen goods chests" those will be funny :mrgreen:
After I finish those specific locations things, I guess I could finish testing the young age. Maybe the beta could be out later today, who knows! :o
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Nah, you should totally announce the beta on Saturday. :)