Which art style?

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm

which art style for a possible 3rd episode?

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Which art style?

Post by jack1974 »

I am not doing ANYTHING related to Bionic Heart at the moment. However in future I'd like to do a 3rd episode, maybe with some RPG part in it.
However I was wondering what kind of art people preferred for a dark sci-fi game. The one of the first episode, or the second? or something else?
It's difficult that I'll be able to work with the same artists again, since the second game was Loren's artist and he's gone for good, while the first one was Rebecca (Heileen's artist) and while there are more chances to work again (after all I'm working again with her right now for Love Bites!) she doesn't have much time in any case, so will be difficult.

In practice using the first two games art style just as reference, since it's very likely I'll use another artist :) A good candidate could be Helen (Undead Lily artist) or the one who is working on Summer In Trigue. Or someone else.

What would you prefer?
Ixionos
Young scout

Re: Which art style?

Post by Ixionos »

Definitely the first game style. The art was beautiful and the characters were gorgeous. The second game art for the characters was meh! though the gameplay was excellent.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:I am not doing ANYTHING related to Bionic Heart at the moment.
Waaaaaaah, ya got me all hyped up for nothin! :cry:

Seriously, though--I was much more a fan of the original: the ladies were finer (esp. Tanya, even if she was mostly a machine), Tom was cooler, and Richard had a distinctively more evil look to him; esp. when we first saw him.

And that thing about having it w/ RPG elements as well:

YES!!! DO IT!!!! :mrgreen: 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, maybe next year or later though. I have like... 4-5 games to finish first (which are all at good point!).