Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.7

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.7

Post by jack1974 »

game info and pre-purchase: http://winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
Current beta download: http://www.macgames.biz/games/QoT-0.6.7-all.zip

What's New in 0.6.7
- slightly tweaked the enemy stats on level up: less HP, and more attack. This way battles should last less but still be challenging (depending on difficulty level of course).
- added items equipping screen before the final mission, and also another time when the sister take repair in the tower, before the final battles
- lowered the amount of XP required to level up from level 10 to 30 by 250XP each level
- replaced the word "Strength" with "Power" in the character's attributes screen, also explaining that influences both the physical and magical damage
- Joanne's Magic Bolt now does more damage if the miss chance option is turned off, to balance the fact that normally she would never miss anyway
- both the gem tutorial and the first skill point screen aren't seen in VN Mode (since there's no point in doing this, in VN Mode you can't fight!)
Yglika
Young scout

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.7

Post by Yglika »

Just a minor report - In the usual stats window there is "Power" string but in "Level up" window I still got "Strength" (the one which pops up to assign freshly earned attribute points). Looks like there are two occurances of the same string and only one was changed, unless it was because of my savegame from the previous beta.
Yglika
Young scout

Post by Yglika »

Clarification - It is actually the screen which pops up after every victorious battle.
Harbinger1975
Young scout

Post by Harbinger1975 »

I know you might not have an answer for this, Jack (and that's totally fine!), but just to sate my curiosity (and this isn't to rush anyone to do anything) but do you know round abouts when the main story CG's will come in?
"Direct intervention is necessary. Assuming direct control."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yglika wrote:Just a minor report - In the usual stats window there is "Power" string but in "Level up" window I still got "Strength" (the one which pops up to assign freshly earned attribute points). Looks like there are two occurances of the same string and only one was changed, unless it was because of my savegame from the previous beta.
No you're right, I see it here too, will be fixed on next update! Thanks for spotting it :)
Harbinger1975 wrote:I know you might not have an answer for this, Jack (and that's totally fine!), but just to sate my curiosity (and this isn't to rush anyone to do anything) but do you know round abouts when the main story CG's will come in?
Eh that's a problem with this artist. I got the sketches early May, and he said would do them end of June... but since then, I didn't hear anything from him. So that's two months :( He has a full time job as teacher, but in the past he was able to work on the game, more or less reliably.
So in summary, I don't know. I just hope that the game won't be delayed much because of this. To be fair, I finished the game much earlier than I thought (which is a good thing of course).
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

My apologies that I can't show an image (my comp won't take a pic of the game) but I ran into the following: Seems to read: [cutoff] work' can't take parameters 'crying'. (Perhaps you got the name wrong?) <--Those words are on the top-right corner, in red, reading backwards.

Shows up when there's the exchange about
Spoiler:
Fredrick's girlfriend's death (and Fredrick himself disappears from the scene), when he says "Yes...She died."
Ends after the question of how it happened.

Shows up again when he says about meeting w/ client who'd been giving nervous and disappears again after "His voice started to waver."
Happened when Kira was there; don't know if it happens w/ the others.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes there's also a missing facial expression for Fredrick, the crying expression. I really hope to hear back from the artist about the missing images, since has been two months... :(
Kainin
Young scout

Post by Kainin »

Hi, I don't want to spoil the story for myself, so just 1 small thing to fix: When you look at the lore for Thalia's ''lovely little shorts'', you have missed to color the dialogue between the sisters with the right color:)
....unless Thalia is talking to herself at one point...which I don't think is in character for her, but as I said I am not playing too much yet so who knows:)
Oh and I love these short exchanges in the items lore...please tell me all items have them:)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks will take a look! And yes, all the items have that :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I feel like the guards are a bit OP, I was able to clear 3 levels of catacombs with little difficulty before I was able to beat 1 group of guards labeled level 1-4 who saw past the seduce tactic. I fought them each night just to see how long it would take me, and it wasn't til I was level 6 that I barely scraped by with a potion. On the other hand, I cleared the first three levels without dying once.

Since the robberies aren't supposed to be hard, maybe reduce their defense a bit?