tips and walkthrough

An otome dating sim in the archeology world! https://www.winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

tips and walkthrough

Post by jack1974 »

Since I got many requests for this, Kitty (the writer) made a walkthrough!

Kyler
Spoiler:
- SPAM STUDY.
Week 1 Mon - "Stay. Focused" and "I'm pretty serious about it." (If you pick "I'm still deciding", it'll affect dialogue even late into the game but you'll regain the points back.)
Week 2, Mon - "Volunteer to talk to Kyler", "Ask Kyler" "How does that work exactly?" and "Does it bother you?"
Week 2 (random cave event) - say "You aren't going to eat it, are you?"
Week 2, Friday - "Request for some time alone" and "Mention he poured too much".
Week 3 (random cave event) - say "Inwardly panic over him working in the square" and "Not really, but…"
Week 3, Tuesday - "stay and chat" and "Maybe the three of us could work together"
Week 3, Wednesday (cave) - "Talk about badgers"
Week 3, Wednesday - "That was a little harsh, Hendrik" and "Chase after Kyler"
Week 4, Wednesday - "It's a slim shot, but maybe Kyler" and "Let it go."
Week 4, Thursday (cave) - "Clean up the mess"
Week 6, Wednesday - if Kyler comes to check on Melissa, congrats you're on his best friend path! Also, accept the offer.
Week 6, Thursday - "Visit Kyler in the Cave". If you picked "I'm still deciding", you'll regain the points lost.
Week 7, Wednesday - "Assist Kyler in the cave" and accept the walk if you want the romance route.
Week 7, Friday - depends on points. If low enough, it'll automatically accept hanging out next week. If high enough, for friendship decline, for romance, accept. If you accepted the cave walk at the festival, you'll automatically his offer.
Week 8 - bonus scene if you pick cave at some point.
Deandre
Spoiler:
- SPAM CATCH
Week 1, Tuesday - Say "Your accent sounds different in English" and "Volunteer for tomorrow"
Week 2, Monday - "Volunteer to talk to Kyler"
Week 2, Thursday (cave), if Melissa triggered the soil test with Kyler (random cave event), she can select "teach him the soil test".
Week 2, Friday - "Attempt to crack a joke."
Week 3, Tuesday - "wish him luck" "stay and chat" and "sure!"
Week 3, Friday (cave) - "Join the party" (if Deandre's affection points are high than Hendrik's, you get extra dialogue).
Week 4, Wednesday - "Deandre seems easygoing."
Week 4, Thursday - "Let it go"
Week 4, Friday "Deandre" (If rational or diligence are high enough, bonus points for offering to help him out). If affection points are extra high, minor dialogue variance.
Week 5, Monday - "Greet Deandre first"
Week 5, Friday (lab) - "How's the elective going?"
Week 6, Monday (lab) - "You still plan to return, right?"
Week 6, Wednesday - if Deandre comes to check on Melissa, congrats you're on his best friend path! Also, accept the offer.
Week 6, Thursday - "Grab Deandre" and "Agree and switch"
Week 7, Wednesday - "Help Deandre with the food preparation" and "Uh, sure…"
Week 7, Thursday - If affection is high enough you can accept "next weekend sounds great" for friendship or "It is true, the way through a person's heart is through their stomach…" If not, it'll automatically stay on friendship route.
Week 8 - bonus event if you picked lab for any of the days.
Shoji
Spoiler:
- SPAM GAMING
Week 1, day 2 - "New to all this?" and "I love your hoodie!"
Week 1, Day 4 "Let's Party", "This is my tent", "Ask what's going on."
Week 2 (lab event) "Wait" If Melissa listened to Hendrik's lab 101, she can pick the option "How long was it submerged in water" for bonus marks.
Week 2, Friday (cave or lab) - "Ask Shoji to stay" and "You did what you had to do." or "Retreat to the tent' if Shoji isn't present.
Week 2, Friday - "Decline the offer", "Cheerful hello", and "Encourage talk".
Week 3, Wednesday (lab) - "Take a stab at it" and "Get Shoji" (it appears if you picked "Encouraged Talk" from last week). "Steer him away."
Week 3, Friday (lab) - "You're different online" (if picked Encourage Talk from last week). "Eng Comp all the way".
Week 4, Wednesday - "Would… Shoji say yes if I asked?" If not picked, it'll change dialogue for a later scene but miss out on the dance CG.
Week 4, Thursday - Affection points have to be high enough. "Reassure him" and "That one time you face-planted during a swing competition."
Week 5, Monday - "Greet Shoji first"
Week 5 random (lab) - "Ask for help"
Week 6, Wednesday - if Shoji comes to check on Melissa, congrats you're on his best friend path! Also, accept the offer.
Week 6, Thursday - "volunteer yourself"
Week 7, Tuesday - "Mention your concern."
Week 7, Wednesday - "Help Shoji set up the face paint station, "Surprise me" and "Stop by the face paint station"
Week 7, Thursday - "Make plans for this weekend" (romantic route) or "Make plans for next weekend" (friendship). If affection isn't high enough, it'll automatically accept next weekend.
Week 8 - bonus scene if you picked gaming sometime this week.
Hendrik
Spoiler:
- SPAM INQUIRE

Week 1, weekend - Get permission before handling" and "Of quartz I like cake."
Week 2 (random lab) - "Ask Hendrik"
Week 2, Friday (cave or lab) - "Retire to the indoor lab"
Week 2, Friday - "Accept the offer", "Offer to do the dishes", "Make coffee first."
Week 3, Wednesday (lab) - "take a stab at it"
Week 3, (cave random) - "Admire his procedure"
Week 3, Wednesday - "You both have good points, but stop."
Week 3, Friday (lab) - "Join the party", "Aim straight and true". If Hendrik's affection points are a little higher, there'll be more dialogue with him.
Week 4, Wednesday - "Hendrik should rock the dance floor."
Week 4, Friday - "Hendrik" and "Can sorta see where Kyler is coming from, but…"
Week 5, Thursday (lab) - "Provide a new opportunity"
Week 6, Monday "Talk about moving out"
Week 6, Wednesday - if Hendrik comes to check on Melissa, congrats you're on his best friend path! Also, accept the offer.
Week 6, Thursday - "Ask away"
Week 7, Wednesday - "tag along with you, Hendrik!" and "Accept the invitation" and "Enter the museum"
Week 7, Thursday - "A restaurant sounds lovely" (romantic route) or "A walk around sounds great" (friendship). If affection isn't high enough, it'll automatically accept the 2nd option.
Week 8 (lab or inquire) - A bonus event happens if picked this week
Joan
Spoiler:
- SPAM SOCIALIZE
Note - Joan is a bonus route, hence a little shorter, since the original focus is the trio as friends.

Week 1, Thursday - "party responsibly"
Week 2, Tuesday - "Ask for it in French", "Admit to Knowing Some Spanish", "Searching for pirate ships and sunken treasure?"
Week 2, Friday (cave or lab) - "Retreat to the tent" if Joan isn't there or "Ask Joan to stay"
Week 3, Monday - "Maybe later"
Week 3, Tuesday - "He seems occupied; return to the tent area" and "volunteer to try"
Week 3, Friday/weekend - "Yes" (should have gotten the sleepover offers by now) "Share a bed with Joan"
Week 4, Wednesday - "Joan would probably love it"
Week 4, weekend - "yes"
Week 5, weekend - "yes" and "Ask to try out the flute"
Week 6, Wednesday - if Joan comes to check on Melissa, congrats you're on her best friend path! Also, accept the offer. (Variable, if high enough it's just Joan, if low, Chantal joins)
Week 6, Thursday - "Volunteer Joan"
Week 7, Wednesday - "Join Joan and Chantal in preparing the utensils", "Protect Joan" for romance route and "Get her attention" for friendship route.
Week 7, Thursday - "I'd love to" for bonus scene and variations (romance and friendship)
Week 8 - pick lab for a bonus scene.
Extras:
Spoiler:
Bonus friendship CG - Get everyone's affection points 35 and above.
Best Alone Ending CG - Get all stats 75 and over (may adjust). Tip: DO THE PUZZLES since you'll get 2-4 points in Diligence and/or Rational each time you're successful. You can focus on culture/empathy (i.e. socialize) for the other activities.
nova_riddle
Young scout

Re: tips and walkthrough

Post by nova_riddle »

I've gotten all the CGs except for the Best Alone Ending. I keep getting the friendship one instead. Any tips?
Nomnomnom
Young scout

Post by Nomnomnom »

nova_riddle wrote:I've gotten all the CGs except for the Best Alone Ending. I keep getting the friendship one instead. Any tips?
Don't spam social & don't be friendly with the girls.
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

nova_riddle wrote:I've gotten all the CGs except for the Best Alone Ending. I keep getting the friendship one instead. Any tips?
Spoiler:
If I remember correctly, looking at the relationships in the journal, if you get 4 "full hearts" (or more) for a character you will start on their friendship/romance route. So try to keep it under 4 hearts for everybody.

And as for the activities... easiest is to spam Volunteer and e.g. rest on weekends (if you get too many failures in a week you may need to reload), I found this to be the most effective way to raise all your stats. An alternative would be to try and do equal amounts of all the activities (Study, Socialize, etc.), but I think you also raise affection for the corresponding character if you do their activity (e.g. Socialize would raise Joan's affection) or something to that effect. So depending on the choices you make throughout the story, this may backfire on you.
bluemoongiraffe
Young scout

Post by bluemoongiraffe »

Hey, I'm sorry if you get this message twice, but it isn't showing up for me so I'm not sure if it went through. Basically, I love this game, but I'm having a hard time triggering the atlatl event in Hendrik's route during the 3rd week. It doesn't trigger no matter what I say to him, and I remember it triggering during my Kyler playthrough, but I'm not sure what the requirements are to trigger it. Please help, and thank you!
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

bluemoongiraffe wrote:Hey, I'm sorry if you get this message twice, but it isn't showing up for me so I'm not sure if it went through. Basically, I love this game, but I'm having a hard time triggering the atlatl event in Hendrik's route during the 3rd week. It doesn't trigger no matter what I say to him, and I remember it triggering during my Kyler playthrough, but I'm not sure what the requirements are to trigger it. Please help, and thank you!
Spoiler:
As far as I remember, you just need to do the Lab activity on the appropriate day, although I can't remember which day it was. I didn't notice any other requirements for it (if there were it would likely be Hendrik's affection or the rational parameter, but don't hold me to that). If you spam the Lab activity for the week you should get it.
nicowinter
Young scout

Post by nicowinter »

I don't know if it is just me or if I am doing something incorrect, but with Deandre I am able to achieve all the events/requirements for weeks 1-5, but in Week 6, specifically Wednesday,
Spoiler:
I am unable to get him to check on me in the tent, which seems to prevent me to get any other of the other dialogues/options afterwards. Any hints to why this might be happening, I say this because I do not get the dialogue to "Grab Deandre" and so forth.
Help!
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

nicowinter wrote:I don't know if it is just me or if I am doing something incorrect, but with Deandre I am able to achieve all the events/requirements for weeks 1-5, but in Week 6, specifically Wednesday,
Spoiler:
I am unable to get him to check on me in the tent, which seems to prevent me to get any other of the other dialogues/options afterwards. Any hints to why this might be happening, I say this because I do not get the dialogue to "Grab Deandre" and so forth.
Help!
Spoiler:
The only thing that I can think of is the "Catch" activity not having been used enough if you got all the events and made the right conversation choices up to week 6 (as per the hints). Basically, the "Culture" stat is too low (and I'm not sure, but it may also be that the appropriate activity, "Catch", in this case also raises a character's affection). From what you described, I think that is the most likely case, but you can also double-check your affection during week 6 (I believe you need at least 4 hearts to get on the character's route).
If the above doesn't work, then a bit more info may help, e.g. your stats, affection with all the characters and who comes to check on you?
nicowinter
Young scout

Post by nicowinter »

Thank you! I finally got him to check up on me,
Spoiler:
essentially had to go back to week four and do the catch activity to increase culture and also changed the weekends from visiting museum twice and dance, to visiting town twice and dance. All worked out, got all extra dialogues, thank you for the assistance. Essentially every time the check up moment happened, it was Sherri, and my stats for him was almost 9 hearts at that moment, but my culture seemed to be poor.
Once again your suggestion worked, thank you very much!
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

I'm glad it worked!