Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

Post by yayswords »

I know, and I would like to incite a lynch mob to burn Forsaken at a stake, but any victory short of her committing seppuku out of shame will be flawed and incomplete. It is difficult to argue with someone living on an island where people think they can make up their own rules for the global language just because they happened to invent it. I might win the hearts of the crowd by shooting down her impudent acts, but as I said, seppuku is the goal.

https://jakubmarian.com/in-the-future-v ... n-english/
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmmm I have a great idea. I will make the games in italian! so nobody can find mistakes or typos anymore :wink:
Jokes apart I always wondered if the big AAA games were written mostly in american or english ? I can't notice the difference honestly :)
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

To be honest, I thought Winterwolves' games were localized to the italian language too :o
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:Jokes apart I always wondered if the big AAA games were written mostly in american or english ? I can't notice the difference honestly :)
Majority are American, but there's an occasional game or two that come out in British English. Largely depends on where the studio is, and their major target audience.
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

As a point of principle I refuse to write in American English. If an editor wishes to change that for final release then I won't stop them but I won't do it for them.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Thee Forsaken One wrote:As a point of principle I refuse to write in American English. If an editor wishes to change that for final release then I won't stop them but I won't do it for them.

You yah spirit! I think I love you; but back on the topic at hand, your style works, and ignore yayswords, he's going through RPG withdrawals.

I am fine with either side of the ponds english, even those from down under. If the writing is good I am buying it, who cares if it is center or centre? XD :P
Callista
Young scout

Post by Callista »

Oh wow, did this thread get a little heated or am I just reading too much into some posts? Hopefully, it's the latter. O_O

Anyway, I did assume that American English was the default in Winter Wolves' games since the majority of writers use American English. There's nothing wrong with using British English and a good editor will know when to adjust. I default to editing in American English but I can edit in British English when requested to do so. XD
Looking for a high quality editor? Then check out my page here: https://callista.itch.io/
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Nah yaysword jokes. The problem with internet is that sometimes is hard to know when someone says something not seriously.
I mean just look at his signature:
"If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code."
THAT'S CLEARLY A JOKE, RIGHT!?!?!?? :o :shock: :twisted:

Anyway, today going to finish Thalia/Therjalla route, so there are only two more yuri path left:
it's fun because it's the same situation as before, but as you can see she behaves "just a little" differently from Joanne...! :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

jack1974 wrote:The problem with internet is that sometimes is hard to know when someone says something not seriously.
Excerpt from my future memoirs: 2016-03-19, the day someone believed I was seriously considering riling up a lynch mob over someone's grammar.

I am somewhat of a writer myself, and fairly anal about my wording anywhere outside a chat window. There are posts here I've edited several times just to improve their language. More often than not, I proofread everything I post both before and after hitting the submit button. Now that I've said this, I've made myself a much more eligible target for retaliation...

Either way, I'm simply imagining that Forsaken might be as liable as I am to get all worked up over tiny mistakes, and I am poking fun at it. That is all.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Therjalla having some "fun" with Thalia. One of the few times in which flipping the sprite vertically isn't a bug! :lol: