Offhand 'Attack' stat not updating (Character Spoilers)

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Vlyke615
Young scout

Offhand 'Attack' stat not updating (Character Spoilers)

Post by Vlyke615 »

As seen below my Attack is at 65, and when offhand is replaced all appropriate stats but attack change.

Not pictured is having unequipped it or using a different (not identical) weapon with more attack, regardless,

Attack seems to only be recognized in the Main Hand slot.

I'm just curious if this is by design, a bug, or something else. Just seems odd that attack is the only offhand stat that doesn't change.

This is via Steam with build 1.3.4

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Offhand 'Attack' stat not updating (Character Spoilers)

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm it probably should have changed the value indeed, but it might just be a "visual bug", meaning that in the combat calculations it's still considered. I need to check the code, will take a while though (the game is of 2012).
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Attack and damage are slot specific. Due to lack of space only the main hand values are shown.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
Vlyke615
Young scout

Post by Vlyke615 »

Thanks you two, I had forgotten how long it's been since it's release or I may have not posted. I just like to inform the company of anything I find (no matter how minor) just in case, especially if it's a game I enjoy.

Good to know on the lack of space for stats.

Despite not yet finished with this one, can't wait for Loren 2 and other future titles.
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Don't worry. Actually it's welcome. Especially when the problem is well documented.
It's also something I'm taking great pains to fix for the new framework GUI.
As you can see the attribute values are differentiated by context in the current mock up. Of course that is until some artist tears up my perfectly functional GUI because it looks like something a programmer came up with... :roll:

While it will be quite a while before Loren 2 is ready you might want to take a look at Queen of Thieves. Jack has done some really cool stuff with the original Loren framework and it will be out much much sooner.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Vlyke615 wrote:Thanks you two, I had forgotten how long it's been since it's release or I may have not posted. I just like to inform the company of anything I find (no matter how minor) just in case, especially if it's a game I enjoy.
As Anima said, you're welcome. I always read any bug reports, then I unfortunately have to decide what's worth my time (I'm swamped with stuff to do!).
Anima_ wrote: While it will be quite a while before Loren 2 is ready you might want to take a look at Queen of Thieves. Jack has done some really cool stuff with the original Loren framework and it will be out much much sooner.
If you're interested in pure RPG gameplay, you should also take a look at SOTW, which reuses same engine as Loren but is much more complex (more attributes, random items, etc).