Double/Cross

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
P_Tigras
Druid

Re: Double/Cross

Post by P_Tigras »

The only other one that would qualify as a MILF that I can think of is Choice of Romance, where if you play a straight male, it becomes a role reversal of a traditional trope, ie. you play the sweet young thing under family pressure to secure an advantageous marriage and maintain his reputation while an attractive but very married older Queen sets her sights on making you her next conquest. Don't let the title fool you, it's much more about intrigue then it is about romance. You're also a death mage, so the character is not without bite if you choose to develop that trait.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

P_Tigras wrote:The only other one that would qualify as a MILF that I can think of is Choice of Romance, where if you play a straight male, it becomes a role reversal of a traditional trope, ie. you play the sweet young thing under family pressure to secure an advantageous marriage and maintain his reputation while an attractive but very married older Queen sets her sights on making you her next conquest. Don't let the title fool you, it's much more about intrigue then it is about romance. You're also a death mage, so the character is not without bite if you choose to develop that trait.
Already played that one.
Became the King consort by making the Queen thinking the previous one cheated her.
Convinced the Queen her eldest daugther was conspiring against her,the girl was executed.
Her bastard boy was sent to marry the prince of the nighboor kingdom.
When the bastard came back to visit, I lifted his mind control spell on his allies and the Queen.
In the end survived by saying the councelor was trying to betray her.
Became the Regent when the Queen died by natural causes and my son became the king.

Not a bad playthrough :P

I just want a good game, no need for a MILF to be there.
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

If you haven't played it, and like westerns at all, Tin Star has a pretty engrossing story. It is long though.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

I love Tin Star. It's one of those rare games that are both deep and lengthy, with great replay value, as your decisions can significantly impact the game. It's clearly a labor of love that the author has invested countless hours into crafting. If you're even the slightest bit into Westerns then I highly recommend it.

There are no MILF's in it however. :lol:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Damn, I played the second chapter of Heroes Rise and I couldn't be more depressed. The ending was awful, my character simply lost everything in the ending.

Since my character's girlfriend was in the popular alliance I went with her. His childhood friend/previous crush and the lesbian best friend hated him because of that.
Had to betray the BF trust to stay in the game,she hated him even more and grandmother was shocked.
Girlfriend went into coma after being attacked by a fellow heroe (who has the same power of my character), he was drugged by your boss and by the president. Lucklly I didn't take the drug.
The president use this to enforce a law against the power of my character. My character destroy the machine that can remove his powers, but to di that he had to defeat his previous conrades of the popular alliance. The machine hit him and he lost his power and could only have fled because of his ex-BF ( who hates him).
Now he is homeless, a fugitive, hated by everyone, his GF is in coma, no powers and his grandmother have to leave in a tent with him.

And the worse thing? His archnemesis from episode one ressurected and is his only hope to defeat the president. But lets forget the people who she killed, that she made your ex-sidekick betray you and exposed your identity to everyone.

That ending is depressing, I don't even want to continue the chapter 3.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Heroes Rise is CoG's second most popular title after Zombie Exodus. And I think the popularity has more to do with the subject material than the writing. With the blockbuster success of Marvel's superhero film franchise, as well DC's Dark Knight series, I think superhero stories are extremely popular right now. Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with the Heroes Rise trilogy. The plot is interesting, the writing is solid, but I think it gets a bit preachy on occasion, and I don't like the way it heavy-handedly railroads your character at times. Regardless of what you choose, and often times you aren't even given a choice when your character does something foolish, you are pretty much stuck in the same situation. While the game is lengthy, due to the railroading it doesn't have a whole lot of replay value. Part 2 has a little more replay value than Part 1 since you can pick Lucky or Jenny in another play-through instead of Black Magic and go with the Underdogs instead of the Populars. You can also change your decision when you're pushed by the producers to betray Jenny. Standing best by Jenny works best when you go with the Underdogs, and betraying her works better if you go with the Populars, but it's not impossible to pick the Populars and still refuse to betray her. So there are basically 2 choices in all of part 2 that have real influence on the game, but even they don't influence the ending, which is pretty much the same either way. This is to set up the beginning of part 3, so that everyone starts at the same point and you have no choice but to work with Prodigal. I will say this though. I liked part 2 more than part 1 overall, even if the ending wasn't a happy one and Black Magic was much more of a manipulative b****.

I think part 3 jumps the shark a bit as some of the infinity characters like Prodigal seem virtually omnipotent, but aside from that, it has the potential to end more happily depending on the choices you make, which is to be expected since it's the end of the series. Even Black Magic has something of an epiphany if you stand by her/him through everything.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

So I don't need to betray Jenny if I go with the Populars? Good to know.
I feared I would have lost and need to go back to the beginning. I really didn't want to go back and lose 3 hours to reach the point I was.
I don't think Black Magic is a manipulative bi***, if any woman find a note of another woman in her boyfriend's room, she would do what Black Magic did. She got my character's back since the first episode and, to me, her feelings are genuine.

My real problem with the ending is that my character lost everything, there is no good part in that ending, even after he helped to stop the terrorist group. I just lost the interest. I don't want a ending with rainbows and unicorns, but a ending where you only lose is terrible.
There need to be a middle ground between "lived happy ever after" and "you lost everything, your life suck* ending.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

The entire superhero reality show in part 2 of the heroes trilogy is a set-up. Rex, the primary executive producer, is as corrupt as they come, and the new President is even worse. The show is nothing more than a vehicle to help Victon get elected and push his anti-infinity views. Your character's final ranking on the reality show is dependent on whether or not you betray Jenny the way the producers desire. Betray her and you'll make the cut to be on the new national superhero group, stand by her and the producers will arrange for you to be axed after they leak your secret to the public. Not that it really matters in the end, as President Victon will still put you on the spot to sacrifice your powers for the good of humanity even if you did everything they wanted except use the illegal drug to augment your powers. And if you did use the illegal drug the way they wanted, then congratulations! You've lost control of your powers on national television when you put one of your own team members into a coma, quite possibly your own lover interest! and are now the poster child for why Infinity Powered superheroes must be removed from the population. As I said at the beginning, the whole game is a set-up.

And yes, the game has a disturbing tendency in parts 1 and 2 to continually hand your character the idiot ball. I actually thought part 1 was worse in this regard than part 2. At least in part 2 you can choose not to be the idiot. Things may not go well for you, but at least it isn't your fault. It's the system that's corrupt.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

I know its a setup, but is the second episode. If its ending badly as it did, it can kill any interest in the serie.

Hey P_Tigras, do you know how to save Prodigal in the end? While I liked that she died, I want to know what happens if she lives. And do you know how the PC can become the leader of the Milleniun something (cant remember the name).
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

I don't believe it's possible to save Prodigal. From what I recall she dies regardless of what you do. As for the requirements to become the "Millennial Group"'s leader, it's been too long since I played the game for me to recall the choices that result in that outcome. Sorry. It's been over a year since I last played it, and I didn't play part 3 as much as I did parts 1 and 2. So my memory of it isn't very clear.