Life is strange

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Life is strange

Post by jack1974 »

Just finished it. I must say, one of the best if not THE best game I've ever played.

Even though I hated the character of Chloe. You can imagine what my ending was :mrgreen:
Alex81
Woods ranger

Re: Life is strange

Post by Alex81 »

Noooo, I seriously haven't tried it, only hear about it by name?
A person who can control time? I guessed it was something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TimeShift , but read up it's more like a point and click adventure game?

Guess I should see some videos....

:o ! Now get back to work on Nicole (j/k :) glad you enjoyed the game -and- have a little free-time as well ....god knows I'd go crazy with no free-time)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Very disappointed with the last episode. 30 minutes of exposition, filler, filler, filler, filler, press X or B to choose your ending.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I liked it. I mean, was the final episode, so not like you could add much choices.
I think it only dragged a bit though, especially in the last parts, when you do that "walk" and see all the moments between Max/Chloe. After a while I skipped it.
The "nightmare" choices with the teacher though were totally hilarious!!! "My selfies are shit" ROFL!
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Haven't played this one yet. It's not the usual sort of game, and I just haven't been in the right mood to play it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, the writing/story is very good, as it is the characters interaction. A bit more YURI wouldn't have hurt though :wink:
Anyway, the time-travel stuff is quite interesting. I'd like to do such a game too someday !

/jack adds time traveling/paradox game to the to-do lists
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:I liked it. I mean, was the final episode, so not like you could add much choices.
Ideally, the choices made in all the other episodes should have influenced the ending. Choices matter, yada yada, now press one of two buttons to choose your ending.
The "nightmare" choices with the teacher though were totally hilarious!!! "My selfies are shit" ROFL!
Yes, those made me smile too.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Yes more extrapolation on the Red or Blue endings (And yes that is a subtle poke about ME3's ending) would have done wonders for the ending a little slide about the results. My overall opinion of the game did not drop too much as with ME3. Through the who game clues were being dropped about the final choice and what the consequences of it would be; I do admit that I was hoping for more than a red or blue ending as I stated above.

Your choices through the whole game did make a showing in the final episode; but left you hanging at the ending.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Yeah, I found it a very deep involving game but the ending was very anti-climatic It felt like the other four episodes were meaningless as only the last 2 minutes had any impact on the plot. Giving choices in the game can feel underwhelming when none but 1 matter.

I liked ME3 ending more because your choices did effect your ending if only in battlereadiness, and the game was about killing aliens rather than making choices with a few puzzles. I expect an action game that includes choice to be less inclusive of those choices than a game that is only about choice.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

And funny enough, the way I played Life is Strange, I did have my Max fall in love with Chloe. To be honest, I would have felt the ending was more impactful if the game had allowed a way for my Max to save Rachel Amber (for Chloe's sake) knowing the two were a couple, and giving up her love...or selflishly not saving Rachel Amber to keep Chloe to herself.