Steam feedback

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Steam feedback

Post by jack1974 »

I'm copy-pasting a reply I made to a comment in blog since is easy to miss it, because I think is interesting... user saying that, pfuit obviously Loren did better, has more catchy theme, instead SOTW banner was boring. Note that I think might be true, HOWEVER as I said:
I am not sure exactly HOW MUCH impact it had. I have stats for the clicks of banners:
Loren had 1.14% CTR = 11,848 Clicks (to store page)
SOTW had 0.43% CTR = 4,426 Clicks
based on that yes, of course the banner of Loren was more effective. But if was just that the problem!!! LOL I could solve it in a minute. If we consider those stats, you could say that Loren on Steam sold only 3 times SOTW. Wrong, after 2 weeks it sold 15 TIMES SOTW. No banner/title/name can justify a 15 times difference to be honest, especially if from my own site the sales are just slightly lower than Loren (about 10-15%).

Also my other game Roommates had even more impressive stats:
1.83% CTR = 18,488 Clicks!
And yet sold worse than SOTW :)

Anyway, I’ve learned my lesson. I’ll put first crazy/silly/stupid/hilarious ideas, discarding more serious ones, since it seems that nowadays the ONLY important thing in a game is to make something “catchy”. Smoked-salmon vs Zombies? 1h gameplay for $4.99? woah amazing give me! = $1M dollars sales. Epic roleplaying saga with 150h of gameplay? what $25 pricetag!!? boring, pass.
sunblaze318
Young scout

Post by sunblaze318 »

While I share that feeling about silly pricetags in steam.

At least you can be sure that at least those that did bought it had fun and did it to support you or actually play the game.
Those 4,99$ silly games usally are bought in bulk then forgotten because you don't have the time anyway and let's be ohnest most are that retarded you never realy wanted to play them at all.
"Just because the title sounded wierd" is not exactly a goal I would have for any roleplaying game.

Economically that doesn't really help you but I hope at least morally. *thumbs up*
You did good work with SotW we know that!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the moral support :)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

jack1974 wrote:I am not sure exactly HOW MUCH impact it had. I have stats for the clicks of banners:
Loren had 1.14% CTR = 11,848 Clicks (to store page)
SOTW had 0.43% CTR = 4,426 Clicks
based on that yes, of course the banner of Loren was more effective. But if was just that the problem!!! LOL I could solve it in a minute. If we consider those stats, you could say that Loren on Steam sold only 3 times SOTW. Wrong, after 2 weeks it sold 15 TIMES SOTW. No banner/title/name can justify a 15 times difference to be honest, especially if from my own site the sales are just slightly lower than Loren (about 10-15%).

Also my other game Roommates had even more impressive stats:
1.83% CTR = 18,488 Clicks!
And yet sold worse than SOTW :)
What does that even mean?... :lol:
Moral_Support += 1; anyways, but I have no clue what those numbers mean :) .
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Do you still think it might be worthwhile to spice up the SotW banner for at least some extra clicks or is it not worth it this far post-release.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No I don't think is worth it, also because Roommates had super-good banner, and yet sold less than SOTW... Steam really is a world apart, with a good dose of RAND() in it :mrgreen:

Well not exactly random though, add boobs + 500% sales boosts, add zombies +200% sales boots :lol: that's why I must do a yuri-boob-zombie-survival game! :lol:
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Include vampires and you'll have a winner! When I included the word 'vampire' in subject line of a post about one of my visual novels, website views and downloads jumped dramatically.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol yes forgot vampire, is another good keyword :mrgreen:
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Winter Wolves Presents:
Zombie Fighting Yuri Vampire Boobs The Game: Fanservice Edition
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

And since it's a WW game, you could choose to play as either the Zombie or the Vampire Boobs!