Hatred and erotic stuff

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Re: Hatred and erotic stuff

Post by iWeasle »

See that sounds like what you would expect in America, this is so confusing :lol: .
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

iWeasle wrote:See that sounds like what you would expect in America, this is so confusing :lol: .
I blame part of it on being settled by the Puritans. Can't blame the English for kicking them out of England ;)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

lol, indeed :) .
And for reference on how arbitrary the Steam system is, just go to the Steam store and look up a game called Sakura Spirit, no problems there despite being essentially as explicit as Loren uncensored.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I'm wondering if nobody has played your game at steam (so they have no context) and if there was maybe a misunderstanding over the language barrier. It sounds like Steam thinks there is a lot more going on than there really is.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I know some Valve employees played it :) but I don't know how much. The real issue I think is only the Chambara's endings, in which you can see nipples and even pubic area :mrgreen: but in their answer they were quite generic.
I know for example that they rejected some cards I made for Bionic Heart 1, in which I put Tanya in the shower scene :lol: She was naked but covering her breast, but probably too hot to appear in a card !
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

They don t want the uncensord version.....damn I wish I had bought it on the main site(I didn't know the main site at the time) instead of on steam, I know we can "uncensored" it but it's still annoying to do it each time the game censored itself.
canyonaz
Young scout

Post by canyonaz »

iWeasle wrote:lol, indeed :) .
And for reference on how arbitrary the Steam system is, just go to the Steam store and look up a game called Sakura Spirit, no problems there despite being essentially as explicit as Loren uncensored.
Surprisingly, Sakura Spirit didn't show as much as the version of Loren available on the Winter Wolves site. Through convenient angles, hair covering, and impossible physics, no nipples or completely uncovered butts were shown.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes is a subtle difference, but apparently essential. Good to know anyway :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

I read the very extensive review for Sakura Spirit at VNs NOW. I came to the conclusion that I won't touch that <censored> thing. It is beyond me why Loren's few scenes at the end (and missing formal rating) would be an issue but other game that consists (apparently) nothing but smut is okay just because the dreaded female nipple doesn't show up >.< This is a major problem with all ratings that are based solely on number of nipples and lists of cursewords without taking the context into consideration. Yes, there is erotic stuff in Loren. Not showing full frontals of female/male genitalia does not mean that sex is only implied and not shown. Yes, there's making love in Loren. :shock: But the thing is, in Loren this is in perspective and it's not hurtful, it's not demeaning, it's not exploitative and it's not something that's there for cheap thrills only. There are games that show way less than Loren do, but have way more hurtful content as far as things that the ratings should be looking out for go. But the thing is: nipples are easy to count. Number of times "blacklisted words" are said is easy to count. Putting content into context is not easy.

Okay. Better shut up now before I really start to rant, lol.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, thanks. I agree with what you said. Get used to see more stuff like Sakura on Steam though, especially as it sold EXTREMELY well. While I don't know the real figures, based on the chart positions it had, is easy to say that probably sold 3-4 times Loren's.
I haven't played that game, but based on reviews I've read it has like 1 choice and stop. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong if someone wants to make a game like that, but being rewarded so much compared to a product like Loren... is a big LOL for me.
In times like this, one has to wonder why put so much effort creating a good RPG experience, using great writers able to bring beautiful characters to life, spend time/money on this and then see stuff like that earn a lot more with much less effort!
For me the answer is easy: work ethics and fans' support. But not everyone is like me :lol: