Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
DarcieCobalt
Young scout

Re: Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

Post by DarcieCobalt »

Just leaving a short comment.
The character art is amazing (then again you people keep surprising me with beautiful designs, take Planet Stronghold CD for instance)!
the moment I saw Therjalla, I got a little crush. Funny that she's a healer, anyone else thought about 'intimate healing' (or am I just being weird)? I have this thing for elves, no matter where they come from, as long as their personality is likeable I get a crush or romance them *cough*Dragon Age*cough*. This made it very very very hard to choose between Rei and Mesphit btw. So back to this game. Again I'm excited about a new game in progress and I'm already looking forward to playing it. You people make so much awesome games, I'm gonna cry :P

PS. what's up with the female bartender's first design? It looks like she has a pair of panties on her head... I'm probably watching too many anime.
It hurts because I hit something important <3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

DarcieCobalt wrote: PS. what's up with the female bartender's first design? It looks like she has a pair of panties on her head... I'm probably watching too many anime.
Haha you're not the first person telling me that. I don't know, maybe I'm not watching enough anime but seemed just a normal bandana/foulard (not sure what is the right word).
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

DarcieCobalt wrote:Firtst part: Indeed, women should be portrayed as women and not as pleasure objects for men. I know there are a lot of good men out there as well, but those sad stereotypes ruin it for them.
Second part: That's why they invented mods. When I read about LucasArts blocking homosexual romances, I installed some mods and everything went great. None of the characters seemed to mind it. xD
Two things:
One, like I said, "Pleasure objects for men" is unfair, I know many women who don't mind or like the unrealistically sexy designs, and a decent number of lesbians who also derive pleasure from characters with large breasts and very thin figures :) .
Two, how do you mod an MMO to allow different romance options, that doesn't seem physically possible, and if it is, aren't most mods for MMO's forbidden?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

iWeasle wrote: One, like I said, "Pleasure objects for men" is unfair, I know many women who don't mind or like the unrealistically sexy designs, and a decent number of lesbians who also derive pleasure from characters with large breasts and very thin figures :)
Yeah, initially for Loren I got a lot of comments (as you can imagine :lol:) but then I also got a lot of positive comments and NOT only from men, but also from women (lesbians or not). For example my wife is straight but she always said that prefers the female figure naked, in art etc. I've learned to analyze what people say and not just a few comments from vocal people.
That said, I still want to have diversity :)

87321hsoiiiiiiiiiiiii <- this was my cat's opinion on the subject when he jumped on the keyboard
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

By the way, maybe it's a little early, but I noticed your RPGs tend to have way more diversity than your dating games. Like the characters in Queen of Thieves seem different (though I'd have to see more poses of the Blacksmith to be sure), but all the characters in C-14, Summer in Trigue, Roommates, Nicole, etc. all have the same general body type: narrow waist and F-cup boobs (or larger). Compare that to say, how the priestess vs the waitress in QoT look or Krimm vs Althea vs that blacksmith in SotW and so on.

Is that just what your dating audience wants, or are we going to see more options in future novels? It'd definitely be nice to see a more normal and not heavily over-sexed dateable character now and then.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No is just a coincidence. In C14 though there's a lot of variety - a more tubby character, a more athletic one, one with an artificial arm, etc. I think also the girls are different though probably yes in that case more "standard" indeed. Sometimes is also a problem with artists, for example in Nicole, Kate was supposed to be strong and big (like Krimm) but the end result is not that much different :lol: for some artist is harder since they're used to draw pin-up stuff all day. Even in Summer In Trigue, I had to explicitly ask Mia's breasts to be made smaller, and to have a more natural pose (the first sketch was typical pin-up big boobs model :lol:)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

a work in progress of the game map. For this game, since is going to be more "casual", I have reintroduced several features seen in Loren, like the skilltree and grinding area. So people who want to fight the boss enemy balanced for level 15 with a party of level 30 can :lol:
Though in this case since you can have only 3 characters, probably the grinding won't cause such a unbalancing like in Loren.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today got the GUI artwork so I started to add it in the game. Finally I could get rid of that horrible placeholder art :mrgreen:
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Ah the options screen, always looks different, yet always the same :lol: . looks good :) .
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

the return of the skilltree! :mrgreen:
(obviously it's a WIP, the upper part is still a mess :lol:)