Feedback on Those Sweet (and Bitter)Skills --Act 2

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Feedback on Those Sweet (and Bitter)Skills --Act 2

Post by jack1974 »

Anima sent the fix, I was downstairs watching tv :oops: will upload the new version with this fix (and several others) tomorrow, I should also have some new icons and maybe the missing lighthouse tile :)
(not relevant for act4 of course)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

I'm trying out with the new version 0.9.3, but the Madness still seems to act like before. I fling the first Madness on enemy A.. stats go down by 5%. I fling it at enemy B..stats got down by 10%. I go to next fight, first enemy gets stats reduced by 15%. Restarting the game naturally only temporarily helps with the problem.

Another issue I found is with Hunter's Take Aim and Vaelis' Study opponent. Those actions get mixed up. If Vaelis' uses Study opponent at an enemy that doesn't have Take Aim on them, then you get the correct blue icon on the enemy + attack bonus. If he uses Study Opponent on an enemy with Take Aim on it, then there won't be any blue icon, nor attack bonus for him against that enemy...instead, the Take Aim icon-counter goes up by 5. Sending you a save on this one.

Also: The Take Aim tooltip has a typo-- it says "for 3 turns" when it really Takes Aim for 5 turns.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah, to be honest I didn't test it, I only did the update this morning :oops:
The other bug instead is because I've assigned same internal Id to the effects, so should be easily fixed :)
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Embarrassing oversight on my part. The instance variables were only references to the class values. Should be fixed in the next update.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Uploaded new build with those fixes just now :)
Greyreason
Young scout

Post by Greyreason »

Something I'm confused about-- do the Hunter's elemental skills use the Magic attribute, or is it Strength-based?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I checked the code, is based on the Magic attribute since is treated like a magic spell.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

jack1974 wrote:I checked the code, is based on the Magic attribute since is treated like a magic spell.
So I should pump arcane stat for hunters if I want to make use of the Hunter's stagger-exploiting skills instead?
Greyreason
Young scout

Post by Greyreason »

jack1974 wrote:I checked the code, is based on the Magic attribute since is treated like a magic spell.
Thanks for clearing that up. That explains why Althea's Earth skill is doing crap damage. You may want to include in the Magic description that it affects all elemental skills. It currently just says "magic skills", and some people might think those thief tricks don't qualify as actual magic.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I think in general, there could be some clarity on how damage is calculated. Is it determined by magical or physical damage? Is the attack using a melee or missile weapons?

Thematically, I think of stagger moves of hunters as physical attacks with an element attached to them, rather than magic spells. Functionally, it's a bad idea to have both strength and arcane based skills in one class, since attribute points are limited. Personally, I'd go with just the strength route, since only mages have a magic-based normal attack.