Feedback on Those Sweet (and Bitter)Skills --Act 2

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Re: Feedback on Those Sweet (and Bitter)Skills --Act 2

Post by fabulaparva »

I've played through acts 1 and 2 at hard level. It's good for testing "maximing" XP in act 2 because you'll get more enemies in random merc fights than you get on easy/normal, but you will clear the fights a wee bit faster than on NM. Also, as far as the achievements go, switching between Hard/NM (equal gained attribute points/level) will only make you "cheat" with your health-level at the beginning of a boss-fight as on hard you can progress from fight to fight with less dmg inflicted on you (unless you're really into regen dancing, then even that won't make a difference). In contrast, in the switch EASY/NORMAL => HARD/NM you'll have considerably more attribute points to waste the higher your level are. On level 10 you have already 20 extra points given to the EASY-build vs NM/HARD, 10 extra points on NORMAL. If that makes no difference in the fight, then there's something seriously wrong in the code. :P
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Those 20 extra points go into stuff like skill for mages and arcane for non-mages, just to get everything to at least 20. I hate having points left over. ;) You get the equivalent of 20 extra points easily from equipping good gear, I didn't bother with details like that. But there's a big difference in your HP/SP level from Easy to NM when fighting consecutive fights, which makes a huge difference if you have multiple fights leading to a boss.

Well, I'm trying to do an über-aggressive build in NM, but let's just say I had to get some potions for that Mormont fight, sheesh. Just as well, my druid nukes were useless there. Last girl standing got him though. She loves the decreased delay on Wide Slash. She's no longer a Ranger, she's a Machine Gunner.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Maybe the delay could be decreased even further and call the skill Machine Gun? :P Now I'm attempted to retry it. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well let me know if now is too much powerful :lol: or if there's need of some other tweak!
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

It's as good as Krimm's Spinning Strike assuming 100 or 250 speed, anywhere between that Wide Slash is better. Not counting that SS can cause Weakening. So realistically WS is better, but Krimm with Rage can hammer SS and a ranger will have mana problems. I think it's good.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Vaelis' Rally and Druid Purification seem to take a lot longer to apply to the party than Jariel's song buffs (especially song of purification). Can they be sped up slightly to match the songs or is it the speed of the sound clip?

Also, Song of Purification doesn't remove any turns of the Madness debuff when zombies put it on me.

How is Madness supposed to work? I put it on an orange Crusader at the Zora place and it dropped all his stats to 1 on the first turn. I thought it was supposed to progressively lower them.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No the speed is not the sound clip obviously, I set it separately :)
Purification is not supposed to work on Madness and bleeding. Maybe I can add those though, so the Druid is more powerful.
And no it should lower the stats slowly turn by turn! I don't understand how you got all the stats down to one the first turn! :shock: 1 is the minimum I set to prevent bugs, so instead of showing negative values I set them to 1, but if his speed was 100 should have been 90,80,70, etc!

What could have happened is that beside Madness, target had other conditions like Slumber, etc and all summed up?
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Something is bugged on Madness then.
Spoiler:
Pre-Madness cast: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/407 ... dness1.png
Post-Madness cast: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/407 ... dness2.png (not shown: 10 debuff turns remaining)
Works even better on Naga Mercenaries. "Oh, you buffed yourself to have 282 speed? Well, you have 1 speed now!"
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Nitpick: Krimm's rage doesn't generate SP when she blocks an attack. Meaning, the better her gear gets, the less effective the defensive bonus on this skill becomes.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Pointed that out long ago, but I would not complain about the scaling of that skill in general. With just 15 will and the +5 or whatever per level and Rage, Krimm in act 3 is more or less an inexhaustible juggernaut.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.