Different soundtrack?

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Asonder
Young scout

Different soundtrack?

Post by Asonder »

I recently got a new laptop and re-registered Loren on it. It works fine and everything, but I noticed that the music is now completely different. I must have had a pretty old version of it because there's a couple other little things different about it too, like Dora's outfit being a lot less revealing (she was in like this red bandeau dealio before). But it was the soundtrack that was the most noticeable.

I was just curious, when did this change? And is there any place I can get the original soundtrack? I mean nothing against the new-ish music (I actually have no idea how new it is), but I kind of miss the old stuff :( I would be willing to pay for it. Thanks!
All hail Rei's booty.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Different soundtrack?

Post by Miakoda »

Jack1974 had a new soundtrack commissioned...well, about a half a year ago I think, and the new version has it (as well as on Steam). Dora's outfit was changed as well...partially due to some concerns about, even though she is a dwarf, she looked like a young child.
Last edited by Miakoda on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

Ok thanks :) I actually don't mind the new outfit, seems a bit more appropriate given I've never been big on overly revealing costumes. I just thought it would help give some idea of how old my version of the game was, because I don't quite remember when I bought it. It was mostly the soundtrack I was wondering about.
All hail Rei's booty.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

To play the old music you should find a very ancient version (was changed January this year) but beside the music and Dora there are several bugfixes too. Just listen to the music a bit, is vastly superior to the old one :wink:
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

I have an old Loren.zip from Nov 2012 that I'm holding on to if for nothing else then for the music (I think it's version 1.2). In general, I find the new soundtrack better, but there are a couple of pieces that hurt me when they disappeared, most notably the very simple and low-key haunting piece that played during Loren rescuing Karen and during the romance scenes. (I think it is "Tales From Scotland 1" by Alex Khaskin). A few months after I had bought Loren, I tried to find a few of the original tracks as mp3s, but unfortunately, I've only found them sold online as royalty free-tracks to be used in games...which means that the price per track's pretty hefty for someone who'd like to just listen to it. :P Well, I can always revert back to the old version of Loren..... (but then again I like Dora's new outfit so much better... :P)
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

I've actually finished an entire playthrough since re-installing it, and I definitely agree that this version is an improvement. I like the new music well enough, but something about the old songs just made me really nostalgic when I realized they were gone. Was hoping I could get it just to listen to, but I tracked down the song fabulaparva mentioned and eesh, way too rich for my blood. Oh well, guess I'll just dig up an old version of the game. Thanks for answering! :mrgreen:
All hail Rei's booty.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I think the new soundtrack is an improvement overall. I do miss the old post-battle theme, although the new isn't bad either.