my games on GoG.com

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

my games on GoG.com

Post by jack1974 »

It seems a tougher battle than Steam honestly. I don't know why but they're not convinced that my games (the RPGs of course. Not even trying to submit the dating sims!) wouldn't be a good fit for their site. I think that old-school turn based RPG are a perfect fit honestly :lol:

The success of Loren on Steam (reached top20) and the appreciation of Planet Stronghold in the Humble Open Source, makes me really wonder what else I could do to change their mind. Maybe a few more votes on this wouldn't hurt:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/loren ... n_princess
:P
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Re: my games on GoG.com

Post by Lonestar51 »

Backed you on this one.

The thing which strikes me as odd is whenever I click on greenlight or add wishlist on gog, it is a title I intent not to buy from this service. Usually because I already own it. That said, if gog would publish you at or near release, I might consider gog instead of BMT.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I know, is more like I'm trying to get exposure to make other people aware of my games. As for release dates, I think my site will always come first by a good amount (1 month min.) vs the other portals. Plus I do the open betas here (even if a Steam early access is tempting because is very simple to do updates).
candesco
Young scout

Post by candesco »

Strange then that GoG has it's doubts about your games while they have released Long live the queen from Hanako. Also a Renpy made "game" and a simulation. I've bought lltq recently there.
Or is it a financial dispute?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

They simply said they "don't think is a good fit for their platform". And nothing else :lol:
candesco
Young scout

Post by candesco »

Hmm, strange reaction from cdprojekt. Or long live the queen was probably a test and wasn't then a success which they hoped for.
It is still available though. http://www.gog.com/game/long_live_the_queen
By the way, i saw that hanako also has some games from you on their site, but they refer to tycoon games as the dev. Is tycoon games your old name?
Here is spirited heart for example:
http://www.hanakogames.com/spirit.shtml
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes was my old name, but Spirited Heart was always on WW site so that's just a mistake she made :) will tell her to change the name.
senhua1980
Young scout

Post by senhua1980 »

I active in GOG's community and have 380 games there.

GOG's rejected your game because they think their usual customer does not like VN games (very pitty - I think)
GOG's customer/fans is majority like oldies games so they usually do not like a lot of changes in their play style.
Not only the gameplay but they also sensitive about how the games will being sell (like promotion, DLC, price).

GOG's customer majority still have '99 mindset which hate exclusive content, overprice DLC etc,

I hope this will give you some insight about GOG.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well what was strange is that when I told her Steam sales they still ignored me, and I know for certain that my game sold MUCH more than other games that were accepted in GoG. So despite everything seems a strange move just from the pure "business" point of view. Of course even if my game did well is still a small amount compared to the "big names" :oops: so maybe it's that.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

GoG stance on WW games does strike me as odd, especially when they allow games like Kingdom Rush (a glorified Mobile port, and also a free game on armorgames website)
long live the queen (which is a game I really enjoy, but it also has a very manga art-style with some VN game elements like large amounts of clicking through screens of dialog with character sprites in the background and choices like many VN games)

and last but most certainly not least is Always sometimes monsters, a fascinating game, but the reason I use it as an example is it's a game full of story-driven experience focusing on relationships and emotional bonds where you can choose from characters of different gender, race, and sexual preference and live through the common experiences and unique hardships of each based on your selection. Which is exactly one of the things I love most about your own Winterwolves games!, and imo believe you and your writers do a very well at.