Loren version 1.3.0

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Loren version 1.3.0

Post by jack1974 »

I'm not expert about those ticketing system, but could try one as long as people don't need to create yet another account since I don't think they'd like that.
As for the saves no is not exactly what happens, quoting Ren'Py site itself:
When possible, Ren'Py now stores save files with the game, as well as in a user-global save directory. This means that if a Ren'Py game is placed on a USB drive or shared on a network, the saves will be available on multiple computers. (When save files are available in both places, the newest file wins.)

When a save file on a network share is updated, Ren'Py will automatically rescan the contents of that file, and restart the current interaction. (This will update the save and load screens, making the file available to be loaded.)
So now you have the files both in the saves subdirectory but also in the hidden directory like before :)
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

jack1974 wrote:I'm not expert about those ticketing system, but could try one as long as people don't need to create yet another account since I don't think they'd like that.
Technically possible (e.g. via pam.d auth for both Forum und Bugtracker) but probably too much hassle.
When possible, Ren'Py now stores save files with the game, as well as in a user-global save directory.
Argh! Argh! This is so _wrong_

Even Microsoft admitted 12 years ago (+/-) that storing volatile data in the installation folder is a Bad Idea. Excerpt from MS' "Designed for Windows" guidelines:
All application data exclusive to a specific user and not to be shared with other users of the computer must be stored in Users\<username>\AppData
Similar best practices are well-known in the Unix world, e.g. for OSX or as defined in the Linux Standard Base (LSB).

But don't mind, I will live with it :D
Areyn H.
Young scout

Post by Areyn H. »

I've been feeling masohistic and going over all the possible ways for a Mesphit romance to go awry, and in the current version the following small bugs chose to reveal themselves :
1) When you kill Zeal without Sauzer in your party and Mesphit does his favorite killself thing:
As soon as "Elenor/Saren jumped forward and clung to the dark elf" line appears, so does a "Image "i_mesphit" can't take parameters "serious".(Perhaps you got the name wrong?)" note and Mesphit's sprite disappears. He reappears on the "I have done so much wrong in my life ..." line.
2) Elenor path only (though maybe that's because on my Saren playthrough I went from LI choice menu), beginning of chapter 4:
During the "Elenor saw Mesphit standing still on the edge of the battlefield looking pained..." romance mini-scene Loren, Myrth and Apolimesho's sprites stay in the background and awkwardly watch the conversation they aren't meant to watch.
3) Elenor path only, text error:
During Fost's trial, if you try to talk Rei out of being Rei, then choose to fight Mesphit, at "Mesphit has stronger and was able to rip Elenor's sword away from *him*." PC gender is stated wrong till "But Mesphit did not attack *him*."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, I think the first bug is because of the last bug of renpy, so should be fixed already since I updated, while the second is really weird and the third probably is a bug that was still there from previous versions :)
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

Found one :)

Only a minor display issue: Own at least 8*5 different weapons (or armor parts, or potions, or crystals) and take a look at the shop window.

As soon as the 8*5 array of one item category is filled the placement is incorrect. The images are misaligned by a few pixels to the left and top, as if the boundery width is ignored.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK, I admit I never tested it with a lot of weapons/items. Going to try :)
SenseiWhat
Young scout

Post by SenseiWhat »

How does one apply this patch? When I overwrite the files from the zip file to the Loren install directory, the game no longer starts. I'm on Windows 7 if that is relevant.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You don't need to overwrite anything, just unzip the folder in another directory and start it (will load old savegames).
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

Clothes question, does Dora have two outfits, censor and uncensor? It was a while ago since I last played and notice she was wearing overalls, I remember she used to wear that blue band thing around her chest I think. I like the overalls better, just asking a question on her clothes changed?
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Dora has only one outfit. The new version was made for the steam release since there were quite a few reservations about sexualising a character that looks and behaves so much like a teenager. But every one on the team and a good chunk of the forum liked the new version so much better that it was used for the "steamy" version as well.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI