The skills you love and the skills you don't

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: The skills you love and the skills you hate

Post by yayswords »

"Ralkor's Bloodthirst" would sound more appropriate. Also this is clearly an ability only Krimm will have, so replace "the character" with "Krimm". Lastly "come back to" are needless words; the sentence sounds better without them.

Now as for the ability itself, I don't think it sounds overpowered. With 30 SP a ranger could heal anyone from almost zero to full. In order for Krimm to heal herself to full with this and three attacks she would need to attack for 2/3 her health every time. Not really numbers I've seen so far, perhaps outside of ability attacks :)

What might I sacrifice to make you post all of Krimm's skills? :P
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Can't change the name since is voiced (Krimm screams it when you use that skill :mrgreen:).
Yes is a bit different the mechanics: if you have a weak enemy you can hit for 100dmg and heal by 50, but if there are tough enemies you could do only 20-25 and heal for much less. So indeed is not overpowered, I tried against tougher enemies and wasn't so strong.

I'll post the skills but I don't want to do any changes, tweaks OK, but not replace skills :wink:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I wasn't going to call for changes, I was just eager to see the skills of the third tank. Those are exciting abilities, maybe Fury might be a little lackluster. Kick is on top of my wishlist. Push without stagger requirement, that's so awesome. I'd take it even if it didn't cause the debuffs. I don't see how 8 delay makes it a particularly fast attack though :P

It does force a position swap if there is someone behind, right?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes forces a position swap. 8 is fast, if you think that the normal Melee is 6 delay, very few non-basic attack skills have such short delay!
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Woah, Krimm's list of skills looks nothing short of AWEsome. :shock: Can't wait to get to play with these. :)

Two questions:
1) Does Finishing Blow use absolute or relative HP values in the dmg calculation? For example: two enemies, both with 50 HP left, one of them had originally 200 HP, the other 500HP. Does the Finishing blow inflict the same amount of dmg on both or more on the one with higher initial HP (and thus greater HP reduction, 450HP vs 150HP)?

2) A general question about skills: Is it possible to get all available skills for each character during the game or will a level cap limit the number of skills you can choose?
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

The max level is supposed to be 30, which with the 4 skills gained from 1-6 and the one per 3 levels thereafter means 12 skill points. So you can get them all if you don't take any traits.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The finishing blow description probably can use some improvements :) I meant that the game calculates the current/totalHP ratio of target, and changes the damage accordingly.
So if target has exactly 50% of his total HP, the damage is unchanged. If is 60%, damage is decreased by 10%, if is 40% damage is increased by 10%.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

yayswords wrote:The max level is supposed to be 30, which with the 4 skills gained from 1-6 and the one per 3 levels thereafter means 12 skill points. So you can get them all if you don't take any traits.
Ooh, nice, I was hoping for this. Thanks for clearing that up!
jack1974 wrote:The finishing blow description probably can use some improvements :) I meant that the game calculates the current/totalHP ratio of target, and changes the damage accordingly.
So if target has exactly 50% of his total HP, the damage is unchanged. If is 60%, damage is decreased by 10%, if is 40% damage is increased by 10%.
Thanks! Also what I was hoping for. Makes it so much more lucrative to use this for flinging bosses and bigger enemies to never.ever.land. 8)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

When I originally posted a list of skill typo fixes, I was assuming that multiple characters would have access to the same skill. Since this doesn't appear to actually be the case, then I agree with yayswords that whenever you use "character" in the skill description, just use the character's name. E.g. "Increases Krimm's attack and critical hit chance..." (Bonus points if you can do this for Shea/Althea; if you can't then use the class name - "The ranger heals..."). This would reinforce the skills being more personal.

Spinning Strike and Wreak Havoc have icons that look very similar and might be confusing. They also kinda look like Wide Slash, but at least that's on another character (though I can still imagine someone thinking they're the same skill).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No wait some skills can be also accessed by other characters (enemies). So that's why in some cases I didn't want to put a specific name. But in this specific case yes.
About the icon yes, I need to do new ones, for now I'm reusing them the best I can but will ask artist to draw very different ones so is not confusing!