Let's talk combat

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Let's talk combat

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but that's because is a hidden stat. But the impact is not big as the classes anyway :)
(now I know I'll regret about telling about that stat... Noooooo)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

It was like that in Loren anyway ;)

58 magic druid, damage capping even against enemy casters. ph34r
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

jack1974 wrote:(now I know I'll regret about telling about that stat... Noooooo)
hehe.

@yayswords: My crystal ball is a little bit erratic but take a look at armour with names like Invincible, Resistant and Resilient - should be helping with your stagger threshold problem :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Good idea, I'll check :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Actually I need to stop posting quick incomplete answers :mrgreen:
Hidden stat=is fixed for each slot. So it's not like an item can have 99 threshold and another 1. Is more like: if you're wearing a plate mail, threshold +5 (but all are the same).
Is a thing left from Loren, I could remove it, though makes sense to be a bit more protected wearing armor.
Also I completely forgot but I have associated it with the Strength. In the char screen, attributes: you see that Strength influences Attack as main, and Threshold as secondary. I might swap the secondary Skill with Strength maybe, otherwise Strength seems the ultimate stat :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Maybe strength could increase threshold by a flat amount instead of a percentage? Then points in there would make a larger difference to druids and a smaller to plateclad warriors (who will want strength anyway for attack). Not that I think any of this is a big problem right now :)

(also fuk yea druid ended season with 60 magic)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I actually meant to use fixed values, was a mistake in the screen to use % :)
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

does any resistance help against bleeding? there seems to be no obvious way to avoid this or lower the damage
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No that one can't be resisted indeed. I added it as extra thing beside the conditions already present in Loren. Those attacks are quite powerful :)
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

I just wanted to insult my chars that they are able to shrug off a fucking fireball but too incompetent to place a band-aid on a surface wound - but then I realized the bleeding attack of the bowmen is not that unfair anymore in 0.8.7e; 3 instead of 11 damage per turn is fine.