The random store selection

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
renke_
Elder Druid

Re: The random store selection

Post by renke_ »

Cool, the enhanced loot screen I dreamt of :)

[As I read your tweet about the wine I thought you would implement hunger and thirst. JPM (of anti-walkthrough fame) described Ultima's system as: First off, the Avatar is a junkie. He's addicted to two main substances, 'Food' and potions. Food is probably the most dangerous, since the Avatar is totally unable to kick the habit and withdrawal will kill him. Worse yet, the other party members will find themselves getting sucked into the habit too and will also become Food users simply by virtue of being in close proximity to the Avatar.]
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

yayswords wrote:Nice job! Are the stats random though?
In this case yes, but I can define fixed objects if I want, is not a problem :)
renke_ wrote:As I read your tweet about the wine I thought you would implement hunger and thirst.
Haha would be cool, but no I want to stop adding features :mrgreen:
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Picking up a reward item sure looks promising. :)
jack1974 wrote:
renke_ wrote:As I read your tweet about the wine I thought you would implement hunger and thirst.
Haha would be cool, but no I want to stop adding features :mrgreen:
Please, no forced carrying around provisions! Forget Food, Forget Drink, Forget Realism! :P
Always running out of food (and then getting poisoned because you're desperate enough to try and find your "fix" in a giant rat's carcass), it's the killjoy of exploring (in Ultima). :cry:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Well, we're already killing a bunch of animals in Act 1 and skinning for their pelts. All that meat is going to waste... ;)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Let's sell the meat for more cash! Can't they survive on lembas or something? :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

fabulaparva wrote:Let's sell the meat for more cash! Can't they survive on lembas or something? :lol:
Sell it to the tavern in exchange for meals for recovery yesyes.

In other news. I am indeed obsessing over other stats than regen now, but still obsessing! It's actually less frustrating like this though because good general upgrades appear a lot more often than +2 regen items did.

Oh I also rerolled my Mormont loot until I got a 5 damage staff :P
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

to extend this to not only to selection but the item generator itself: afaik +magic does nothing for warrior/thief classes - would it be possible to teach the generator to exclude magic for items not usable by any magical class? Or to ignore the magic value when comparing items (I think I saw one sword with +2 magic but -1 speed marked as green - as Vaelis (to my knowledge) is not a beneficiary of higher magic values this was one of the cases were the item comparator was objectively wrong)?

---

small addition: I just saw a "Handcrafted Regenerating Morning Star" without regenerating abilities :) If you exclude regen to rare and above you should also change your name generator :)
Last edited by renke_ on Thu May 15, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Magic is involved in determining spell damage (target is compared to caster before applying the resistances), so is not useless at all even for Thieves/Warriors :)
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

ah, I see - thanks a lot (and I edited my last entry while you replied, not sure if you saw it)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes need to remove the HP/SPRegen at beginning of the generator, right now I just set the values to zero at the end so that happens :)