Humble Bundle Registering

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Telerian3
Young scout

Humble Bundle Registering

Post by Telerian3 »

Hey, I've really enjoyed Loren so far and was caught by the demo ending.
I purchased the game from the Humble bundle, It appears to e version 1.2.6 and when I try to register it, it says that it was accepted but nothing changes. The story still locks me out when I reach the end of the chapter.
It would be nice if some fix was stickied. But at least I had some fun finding one of the titles released last year. Took me abit. :)
The one forum post that looked similar to my issue was an email fix so I had to register myself to ask.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Humble Bundle Registering

Post by jack1974 »

From Humble you also get the Steam key, so maybe you could use that? normally should work, a common mistake I discovered recently is that if you type the code, and have your mouse pointer over the "back" / "cancel" button, when you press enter is like if it presses the button :lol:
Is a problem of Ren'Py (the system I'm using) and I don't know about any fixes, but of course is enough to make sure that the pointer is not over the button :)
Anyway try also downloading the more recent version from my site, the code you got from Humble will work with it too.
Telerian3
Young scout

Post by Telerian3 »

Thank you for the quick reply.
I certainly did not hover over the back button, because it gives the acceptance message and its caviot 'make sure your connected to the internet!'
I'd rather use my DRM free version and update on my own. Though in some of my research for the name of the 2013 game and other sites there's complaints about Ren'Py DRM. No worries I just want it to work. Hopefully updating will help, but I liked Dora's bikini outfit :-p
If you can think of something else I can do.
Last edited by Telerian3 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Telerian3
Young scout

Post by Telerian3 »

After updating it loaded with my key already on the screen. I had deleted the Winter wolves folder as part of uninstalling. I haven't looked in Appdata but it won't accept the key. Did I do something wrong?
I'm running Windows 8 and the demo worked fine before.

When I downloaded the Steam version it was automatically registered, but it did not give the option for suggestive content. >.> so I loaded up the shortcut for the Humble version and that version had the preference open.
I'm wondering if that is a restriction Steam has or because a different version is from steam than the website?

It appears to be working now as both versions were recognized as registered now. Though I was fully expecting to have to add my copied save folder back to Appdata after installation, I didn't have to. I hope this helps anyone else with this issue.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Steam version doesn't have suggestive content, but people have reported that you can start a game elsewhere with suggestive content and load that save on steam. You'll still be missing out on Dora sadly.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The Ren'Py DRM they complain about is for the cheats though :) The fun is that I didn't even know, happened for other games in the past, I was getting emails like "waahh why you made such a protection, the usual cheating program doesn't work!!" and I was like WTF I did nothing :lol:
I think I need to update the Humble Build version in any case :mrgreen:

And yes Dora now has a thief armor. Personally I prefer this new outfit, before was a bit too weird to look at :shock:
Telerian3
Young scout

Post by Telerian3 »

I saw the explanation on her new suit, and oh well, I still got to see it when newer users won't know the difference. I'm an avid fan of Anime and online Roleplaying, so it wasn't a shock to me. She's got a very playful child like personality. "Ouh Yeah!" So it fits.

But I understand the reasons for the change. few enough characters have a suggestive garb set anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing what the later characters look like.

Also I notice that battle music doesn't seem to be implemented well because it doesn't switch when battle starts, but when the existing music ends and then it realizes its in a battle. Its probably been mentioned before.

Leveling seems alot slower in the full version with smaller exp awards. Building rep for the Dark elves right now. I'm curious if it will have a later effect other than discounts in stores.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The exp you get depends on the difficulty setting only, if I remember correctly (has been a while I looked at that code and is a LOT of lines :lol:).
Telerian3
Young scout

Post by Telerian3 »

Well I set it to normal, but just giving you my observations. Afew more side quests couldn't hurt. Rather than they be deligated as 'tasks' and a single fight become the culmination. A NPC elf coming up and describing what was needed would be cool, or even different text based on how much fame for that settlement you have.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes in the next RPGs there are more sidequests. In this one the only availables were the characters personal quests in practice.