censorship is unnecessary

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
lozarchtz
Young scout

censorship is unnecessary

Post by lozarchtz »

I understand your decision to censor your game to sell it on google play, but why not offer it in it's original form through another marketplace such as mikandi or adultappmart? Doing so would lead to new sales from multiple avenues. There are the people who purchased it already from google play who are willing to buy it again to play it with skimpier costumes. I would buy such a version of Heileen 3 which i already own. There are also the people who already browse those marketplaces who will be excited to see an actual game on it. Finally, there will be people like me who refuse to buy a censored game on principal. I do not know the costs of doing business in these marketplaces, but judging from the posts i have read in this forum i am not the only person who is currently unwilling to buy the censored version on google play, but would be willing to buy the uncensored version somewhere else. With the increasing level of controls on content in google play, i expect business in these alternate marketplaces to be increasing leading into the future. It might be beneficial for you to get involved now rather than wait.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: censorship is unnecessary

Post by jack1974 »

Sorry but I'm not going to spend time on that. My time is *VERY* limited, and as much as I wouldn't mind doing this just to make the few people happy (doesn't matter how many posted here, I had a lot of negative complaints about the skimpy costumes everywhere on internet that outweight by a very large amount the posts here and in Steam), right now I have only 31209854289 other things to do :lol:
Besides, I'm moving away from making stuff too sexy because I definitely don't want to be labeled as "hentai" or give the people the impression that my games have zero gameplay and sells only because of the sexy stuff. Sorry to disappoint you.
shot123
Young scout

Post by shot123 »

lozarchtz wrote:I understand your decision to censor your game to sell it on google play, but why not offer it in it's original form through another marketplace such as mikandi or adultappmart? Doing so would lead to new sales from multiple avenues. There are the people who purchased it already from google play who are willing to buy it again to play it with skimpier costumes. I would buy such a version of Heileen 3 which i already own. There are also the people who already browse those marketplaces who will be excited to see an actual game on it. Finally, there will be people like me who refuse to buy a censored game on principal. I do not know the costs of doing business in these marketplaces, but judging from the posts i have read in this forum i am not the only person who is currently unwilling to buy the censored version on google play, but would be willing to buy the uncensored version somewhere else. With the increasing level of controls on content in google play, i expect business in these alternate marketplaces to be increasing leading into the future. It might be beneficial for you to get involved now rather than wait.
what's the problem here? skimpy clothes do not make a game, loren is a great game censored or not heck i find it the characters as cool and sexy when censored
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Steam asked me to put a flag for the community content :lol:
The main game doesn't require age verification, and there's this warning when entering the hub, so not a big deal... at least for now. Definitely staying clear from nudity stuff in future though, it only caused a ton of problems :oops:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:The main game doesn't require age verification, and there's this warning when entering the hub, so not a big deal... at least for now. Definitely staying clear from nudity stuff in future though, it only caused a ton of problems :oops:
For future releases, especially when dealing with Steam, that is probably for the better. *shakes head* Sorry you have to go through this.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No big deal, this time I just had to check a button :lol:
Telerian3
Young scout

Post by Telerian3 »

It would be lovely if you still offered options for your fans that come to your site. It could funnel traffic, but getting the word out that a special version is available if you buy it here instead of elsewhere might be an option.
We know your time is valuable. I look forward to any bundles you have in the future. Even though I had to use steam to get it registered.
Thanks for making these games great. The visual style and the music is what drew me in. The skimpy costumes are just an added bonus for me.
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Someone could make a nude mod for the game. :wink:
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
Telerian3
Young scout

Post by Telerian3 »

uh huh, and somehow redo all the character artwork in the game, from each pose, etc. It would be a_lot of work.
But if there was some fan art of the characters, that just adds popularity to the game.
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Telerian3 wrote:uh huh, and somehow redo all the character artwork in the game, from each pose, etc. It would be a_lot of work.
But if there was some fan art of the characters, that just adds popularity to the game.
I think you misunderstand. Not all character artwork would need to be redone. For example, my nude mod for Vera Blanc Full moon consisted of 15 pictures (Vera's shower scene, the scenes where Vera was in a nightgown, and the scene where Eva appears at the bank clerk's door). I didn't see a need for making Vera nude in most scenes (for example where she is interviewing suspects). Likewise the nude mod I did for the first Bionic Hearts game consisted of 4 pictures (shower and beach scenes)
Unfortunately, the nude mods did NOT add to the popularity of the games. :(

Now, the nude mods I did for the game Sacred 2 where I modified all of the outfits for the Seraphim and made a number of the female non-playable characters nude WAS indeed a lot of work.

Sorry for going off topic.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.