bard songs names

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: bard songs names

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah I agree, I can name heroes without the need to explain who they are, at least in this game :)
...or one day I must finally prepare myself and write down all the god/goddesses of at least some races (like the elves!).
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Maybe there were a few references in Loren to heroes from ancient times, especially from Grandtree?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Uhm that's a good question, not sure :lol: I need to check the script better (or look in the wiki which is really being helpful recently!)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Uhm that's a good question, not sure :lol: I need to check the script better (or look in the wiki which is really being helpful recently!)
There are some names from there but not many. That said, I also included some references that Aleema had in various parts of these forums, such as Karen's mother, Uren, or Myrth's distant ancestor Mother Nature (whether you give it as a title or not).

Something you may wish to do is take a peek at Magic Stones (or I can compile a list of those names here). A lot of them would make good 'historic' figures.

These are some druids from Magic Stones. Obviously, you may wish to repurpose them if you make them part of the history of your current version of Aravorn:

Some personal favorites:
Anja: Female student of the master Druid Thanatos. Okay, Thanatos already sounds like a good name for a necromancer (yes, God of the dead and all that). And if his student surpassed him...

Eratoj: Reclusive mad man and sage. Has a fondness for succubi (looking at Jul, don't we all? Even better...what if Jul knew of him?)

Iodice: Formerly a nymph...(a story from her what stopped her being a nymph?).

Mgorem: Nicknamed the 'Rock'. Views men as criminals for their acts against nature. (Although you do have a demon named Mgorem in Spirited Hearts. Maybe named in honor of this one?)

Rebrow: The druid of the wind who rides his unicorn (heh...looks like pegasus and unicorn was mixed up in game ;) ).

Unther: Founder of the Black Tower (he could represent the vicious side of druidism)

Other people mentioned:
Janob: An old male hermit who competes just to prove he can.

Terio: Male humble farmer who is a now a master of earth magic.

Peilane: Female, shadowy druid known for her grand thefts.

Ominz: Mercenary bounty hunter known for targeting victims for their magical artifacts.

Mihra: Female once renowned for her beauty, but became more malevolent as she grew older. Her beauty faded, but power grew.

Janimef: Just, wise man but has some temper issues.

Yamur: Raiser of hell hounds. It would be interesting if he bred the hellhounds (Trouble's ancestors) and they got loose...

Nindeloi: Reclusive water witch who refuses apprentices.

Nisia: Slender boy known for fire magics.

Hancka: King's son who gave up the army to study magic.
Last edited by Miakoda on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Well, there you have it :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks those are good suggestions :) I always forget about the lore of that game!
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Thanks those are good suggestions :) I always forget about the lore of that game!
And a couple others from Loren 1. Irijo, the Goddess of Truth definitely begs for more story :)

You might also look at the enemy Lich King, from the Temple of Twilight. I believe in game he was called Chakom. Could be interesting to have a hero who turned evil as well.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Just don't make all songs about already invented characters/deities though. Letting our imagination describe the characters is sometimes preferable to having your descriptions override our imagination.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.