leveling skills (idea)

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: leveling skills (idea)

Post by jack1974 »

Today wasted another day trying to implement this in an alternative way, but even if I got the basics working, there were 3201893012 bugs as consequence :lol:
So I decided that was time to stop trying this idea. But instead will add 4 new more unique skills each character, so that each one has 12, for a total of 108 unique skills (there are 9 classes since there are 6 party members, and the siblings can be 2 of 3 classes).
For the Druid for example you'll have both single target high damage skill or Row area target with less damage, and so on. Will need to spend some time to add all the new skills but at least I'll feel like I'm making progress... something that didn't happen in the past 2 days! :(
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Great to hear you're ironing out the bugs, Jack!

Really looking forward to a new game set in the Lorenverse!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I want to try finish coding the first season of the game for early April. Best way to celebrate my 40th birthday (I'm very old! :lol:)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

So no Q1 2014 beta? /glare
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Not sure, the Steam thing took much longer than I thought, then was sick for a week (that didn't happen in last 5 years so I didn't expect it! I'm sick max 1 day a year usually!) and then Roommates beta took a lot of time (actually less than I thought, but I forgot to take account of it). And now I decided to add those extra skills. So definitely don't think can finish the first game Season by end of month, even if is the shortest :oops:
Anyway, will try!
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

*slaps Jack lightly for that old comment* I'll pretend now, that I didn't read that *mini-glare*

The druid already sounds likeable ;P
Thought I'll still most likely pick rogue if it's avaible. That or mage >:3 *has favourite classes she intends to stick with*

Early April sounds nice. But you better don't play a fools joke on poor fangirl/boy us!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Available classes will be Ranger, Thief or Druid :) and you can choose your PC and the "other" / sibling class as well.
Even if is not early April, I think is safe to say that will be that month for sure. I'll be able to be more accurate in the next 2 weeks, if I manage to add/test all the new skills, I'll be at good point! I'm also missing some art for the random encounters (wild beasts).
LAS324
Young scout

Post by LAS324 »

You just keep tweaking things all you need and make this game awesome! I'll just amuse myself with Roommates and Bravely Default in the meantime...
Becca2828
Young scout

Post by Becca2828 »

LAS324 wrote:You just keep tweaking things all you need and make this game awesome!
The game will be awesome, like every other game Jack has released.
I can't wait for it me, I think I'll probably go ranger since there isn't a warrior option, or am I reading it wrong?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The ranger in practice is what was the Warrior of Loren. But now every character has more variety, for example the Ranger has long range attack, can heal himself (even if not as good as the Druid) and attack multiple targets. Some attacks depends on what weapons you've equipped:
- Strikethrough = you need a two handed weapon
- Wide Slash = you need two swords equipped
- Barrage = AOE attack, you need to have a bow equipped

and so on. There are lot of differences like that on every character (like the bard that can sing one song at time, but he can buff the whole party), since there are less than Loren I tried to make each one rather unique :)