two games in a bundle

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

two games in a bundle

Post by jack1974 »

I have two games in a bundle:

Always Remember Me in: http://www.indiegala.com/
Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93095629

Spirited Heart Complete (both versions): http://www.indieroyale.com/
Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93093446

If you buy remember to vote for them on Greenlight to have a chance to get them on Steam :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: two games in a bundle

Post by jack1974 »

/RANT MODE ON
I honestly am not sure if I'll ever do bundles again in future, except Humble of course :)

I got a lot of hate because I didn't add the Desura keys for the Groupee bundle (which is two years old). Like, buying the bundle again for $3? I'm asking too much!!! :lol: but is not that, is that they attacked me personally, comparing me to "see this other indie instead did it". The fact that had a Steam release, health issues, a long beta (Roommates) and much much more doesn't matter. I am not lookin 24/24 on all the messages, and to be honest I didn't even had a clue that I could do it (add keys to an old Groupee bundle).

But no, of course, the indie is immediately a hearthless bastard that doesn't care about his customers. If that's the sort of people I'm attracting with bundles, I think I'll skip them from now on. I don't need them luckily, and I can still do the usual sales directly, where people are always MUCH MORE POLITE!!!
Lady Tarrika
Young scout

Post by Lady Tarrika »

*dons her rant proof flame retardant tin foil hat*

Sounds Rather frustrating, been in such situations where people go on a rampage. Sometimes i think the "online" world take for granted alot of things. they can feel like they can say whatever they like without a price. Considering Steam has many users of all ages and types.. unfortunately your bound to attract a few flamers, idiots or morons. *Shines up her old ban hammer in case you need help*

Well at least your website here has bundles =) Maybe you could arrange a holiday bundle or a sampler bundle. *scratches head and hands you a soothing suggestion cookie*
The Moonlight Glade supports Winter Wolves, a big thank you to the creative artists, songmakers, and story creators of Loren the Amazon Princess and Heileen Series.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Np, it was a bad day also for other personal reasons, so I was a bit grumpy. Being indie I take for granted insults and complaints from people (otherwise is better if I did another job! :lol:) but I can't stand when they accuse me of ignoring customers, since is the thing that keep me most busy ever! :mrgreen:
skuzzbopper
Young scout

Post by skuzzbopper »

:roll: Ugh-- cheapskates.

Hah-- It's been a bad day for me as well, but that's besides the point. Point is, a lot of people online feel like they deserve everything for nothing. You're wise not to buy into their rants. You do what you see fit, but either way, people are mean. And you, as an indie creator and a very creative mind, should not have to take that.

You've got fans, and they're all behind you. I know I'm one. :)
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

Jepp. Jack doesn't care about his customers at all. Not one tiny little bit.
He's also not the one that regulary makes sales, so the games are avaible for people with a smaller purse, nor does he LISTEN to what his customers want and he DEFINITLY isn't adding happy endings in a certain game for all romances, cause it was desired.
Noooooooooope.
Must be a different person. Not this one. Nuh-huh.
(/end sarcasm)

*pats and opens the holy, filled chocolate drawer* Take some. It helps. A little anyway
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha thanks. I actually ate chocolate for real for lunch :mrgreen: so it worked!
nullzero
Young scout

Post by nullzero »

Hi Jack,

sorry to bring this about :P I kind of heard rumors about the whole thing, but I didn't understand it exactly. The thing is I got that same Groupees bundle 2 years ago with Always Remember me included (ARM). I got it for Planet Stronghold as I'm more a fan of your more RPG games. And as far as I now I have ARM on Desura .

Is the Desura keys in the Indie Gala Capsule Computers Bundle for a different edition? Or has the "old" edition been updated with the new content? Or it won't be updated at all?

The reason I ask, is that I also got this latest Indie Gala bundle, and I was thinking something like "oh nice, one extra ARM key to gift away..." but now I don't know... :roll:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Uhm no is the same edition but the game was updated with the new music and a newer version of Ren'Py. So I think that yes you have another key that you can give away :)
The complaint was because people who bought the Groupee last year didn't get a Spirited Heart Desura key (since the game wasn't there). But now I sent to Groupee the key, so that they could get the game also on Desura (and even the full version including the GxG expansion).