Stuff I've seen recently

Boxing management simulation game
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

I would make it at least 200% more so that they have to do twice as much damage to really take it that way, maybe even 250%. In real life there are very few 10-8 rounds without a knockdown.

Thinking of knockdown, I had a round where my guy went down but otherwise dominated but didn't knock down the opponent - and won the round 10-9. He still has to lose the round, even if we are nice and make him lose 10-9, although most will do 10-8 anyway.
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Now that I've thought about it, I would make it 200%-250% more and at least 150 damage dealt in the round. That will make sure that they don't land two punches each and it's a 35-16 damage round, hence 10-8. Since they really are few and far between that'll make it difficult for it to happen at all.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hi, I've just uploaded a new version with those changes. Now you should see much less 10-8 happening. Also increased the chances that the boxer stays down for a ten count KO.

http://www.didone.com/games/UBMTrial.exe
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

When I'm too busy at work it drives me crazy cuz I have to wait till I get home mutter mutter. I even have my files on the flash drive but nooooooo can't take the time. :lol:
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Ok I got to sim a few fights. It definitely has less 10-8 rounds which is good, although there were still a couple which I would question. On the other hand, my guys often hand out such beatings that perhaps it really is warranted. You get a gold star! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well next patch will be a remedy against your invincible fighters...! :twisted: mouhahah

Seriously maybe if you played the game with new rules (if you get beating bad you lose stats) your boxers could be less powerful? or maybe I need to put some limits to the boxers progression... when I see your saved game with all boxers with all skills >99 I think something is not right :)
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

No they aren't all 99 anymore, that's an old one before you put different sanctions on. Today my fighters average about 85 at their peak, usually with only one category at 99. Since no one else seems to be able to do it, you oughta just leave it alone and salute my genius. :lol: :lol:

Checked it later... my absolute best fighter averages 91.8, my worst is 67.3 average and he is a champion, although tenuous. See, you've held me in more than you used to. :lol:
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Wowo, when I clicked out to go to another window my computer locked up solid. Can't be sure it was UBM but it is rather strange.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I didn't change anything about window handling or graphic in general since 1-2 years, so I think shouldn't be UBM fault 8)
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Soooooo what happens when the "injury" limit is reached? I just handed out a beating to the tune of 1498 damage over 12 rounds (unbelievable that the ref didn't stop it). The other guy's injury bar was blinking since the 10th round and nearly went all the way up... what'll happen to his career?