Confirmed "ending works"

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Confirmed "ending works"

Post by jack1974 »

I'm making this thread so is easier to read than the beta one. I want to list all the endings that people managed to get, so hopefully they all work fine.
So far I have confirmed:

Anne:

Max
Asonder wrote:Oh yeah, I can confirm that Max's best ending playing as Anne does in fact work
Rakesh
Asonder wrote:The Anne/Rakesh ending seems to be working just fine, at least for the happy ending
Dominic
Asonder sent me a savegame with the final ending. Both Dominic endings aren't "happy endings", since in both Anne and him lost contact after college. I think is fine if not all the relationship ends with an happy ending though. Anyway, even this one is confirmed! 8)

Isabella
Themobboss wrote:Anne/Isabella ending works perfectly CG's, epilogue, the whole thing. It worked flawlessly on 8.2, not sure why people were having problems.
Max:

Anne
Valhallen confirmed got the best ending for Max with Anne :)

Sally
nightshadengale wrote:I finished Sally's regular ending (at least I think it's her regular ending?)
Isabella
ValHallen wrote: yep I got this one, so its work
Rakesh
Foelhe confirmed this ending works too! :)
Themobboss
Young scout

Re: Confirmed "ending works"

Post by Themobboss »

Anne/Isabella ending works perfectly CG's, epilogue, the whole thing. It worked flawlessly on 8.2, not sure why people were having problems.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK. Well I made it easier by adding another variable increase for the Valentine's gift, with this change will be easier but probably better this way :)
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

Ah, okay thanks! Like I said I just wasn't sure, since the only thing I had to compare it to was Max's ending, and that was at least a bit happier. Still, I know you guys like to have some variety in your romances, so it's all good :)
Spoiler:
Kind of a bummer that they don't stay together either way (Dominic is just so cute!), but good to hear there aren't any bugs :)
All hail Rei's booty.
nightshadengale
Young scout

Post by nightshadengale »

jack1974 wrote: Dominic
Asonder sent me a savegame with the final ending. Both Dominic endings aren't "happy endings", since in both Anne and him lost contact after college. I think is fine if not all the relationship ends with an happy ending though. Anyway, even this one is confirmed! 8)
Really? Damn. That was the path I was most looking forward to. Now I'm not even sure I want to play it. I hate downer endings. =/
Last edited by nightshadengale on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

nightshadengale wrote:
jack1974 wrote: Dominic
Really? Damn. That was the path I was most looking forward to. Now I'm not even sure I want to play it. I hate downer endings. =/
Yeah I'm not too keen on the bittersweet endings either, I tend to avoid them, but some seem to like them, which is totally fine
nightshadengale
Young scout

Post by nightshadengale »

I finished Sally's regular ending (at least I think it's her regular ending?)
Spoiler:
Got the CG, but in the epilogue we broke up eventually after getting arrested a few times.
The fact that my first 12 weeks were from a save before the evening activities gave an extra +1 kept me from getting the good ending, I think...though I've been having a bug where occasionally the activities do 2x or 3x everything they're supposed to so that likely threw my stats off (At first I came in WAY under and got the CG-less ending because I'd been having to sleep too much to compensate, then I noticed the issue and tried replaying the last 10 weeks with rearranged activities to better avoid/exploit the bug-prone slots, and I almost got high enough.)

Sylrissa wrote:
nightshadengale wrote:<snip>
Yeah I'm not too keen on the bittersweet endings either, I tend to avoid them, but some seem to like them, which is totally fine
I'm fine with them as long as there's a way to get an alternate happy one. I'm fine if I have to do EVERYTHING right for the happy ending, and get a normal or bad ending otherwise, as long as it's possible. Having happy endings on other romance paths doesn't count as an alternate happy ending for me--it just kind of invalidates the path with the bad endings in comparison. Not sure if I'm unusual in that a depressing ending makes the entire path depressing for me.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

nightshadengale wrote:I finished Sally's regular ending (at least I think it's her regular ending?)
Yes, there's another variation if you get 600 in the sum of her related stats which is better (you don't get arrested at least :lol:).
nightshadengale wrote: I'm fine with them as long as there's a way to get an alternate happy one. I'm fine if I have to do EVERYTHING right for the happy ending, and get a normal or bad ending otherwise, as long as it's possible. Having happy endings on other romance paths doesn't count as an alternate happy ending for me--it just kind of invalidates the path with the bad endings in comparison. Not sure if I'm unusual in that a depressing ending makes the entire path depressing for me.
Yes there are some happy ending but also other bittersweet ending. If many people complain that want the possibility to have happy endings with EVERYONE, will remember it for future games :)
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

The Anne/Rakesh ending seems to be working just fine, at least for the happy ending (I think it's the happy one anyway?). I wasn't expecting to like his route, but it was actually kinda sweet. I am pleasantly surprised :P
All hail Rei's booty.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Rakesh ending is a bit particular, because has like 10 different text variations depending how much you helped him with his situation with the parents. So basically goes from 0 (you didn't help at all, he goes back to his country and never comes back!) to 10 (he stays with you, both Max/Anne).