Roommates BETA! 0.9.6 (25.02.2014)

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Roommates BETA! 0.9.6 (25.02.2014)

Post by jack1974 »

Nothing to see here! for the version 1.0.0 head here-> viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3256

What's new in 0.9.6
- some oneliners for the data entry job weren't playing
- added various bonuses to Grades for some of the events that aren't tied to romancing someone

What's new in 0.9.5
- I had put a "safety check" to prevent errors. The problem is that this caused some labels of the oneliners to not play! in particular college farm, physics class, data entry. Now they work, so you can also see the two bonus scenes for Max/Sally (farm) and Anne/Dominic (physics class). Thanks to gamesempie for finding out!
- fixed some very small but noticeable white pixels around the right arm of Isabella. Probably nobody spotted this before because was... looking elsewhere :mrgreen: thanks to Miakoda for spotting this

What's new in 0.9.4
- got the official new Dominic/Sally ending texts by the writer
- there's no black background by default in the character selection screen
- other small minor fixes (Isabella wink image, etc)

What's new in 0.9.3
- fixed Winter Break for good - tested both if you invite someone or if you go alone! :)
- fixed Anne's wink expression that had wrong offset
- (not game related, moved the download to the CDN so should be faster)

What's new in 0.9.2
- fixed typos/grammar
- fixed studypartner crash bug (even if was due to another bug when nobody was invited for Winter Break and skipped week09 Monday event by mistake, so probably will never happen again)
- fixed repeating week08 Friday if you didn't invite anyone for Winter Break
- now the ambience music can be muted too with the sound settings in options
- lowered the music of the first track since seemed still too loud :)
- fixed wrong oneliners that would play Roxanne's vengeance lines before you actually betrayed her!
- if you don't buy anything for Valentine's Day, the week12 thursday scene will now correctly autoskip (since you don't have any gifts to give!)
- week10 monday now is a mandatory event, because reveals Butler/Butch name, easiest way to fix it :)
- failing/winning the Prisoner's Dilemma path now gives you a penalty or a bonus with Grades stats
- fixed a bug when replaying some CG (like Max/Anne) because failed to check the stats (now will always display the ending like if you got the max stats)
- added happy endings to Sally and Dominic romances if the value of the sum of the two character's related stats is > 600 and added a pop-up message that tells users if they get the "bad one". This way they KNOW that there's a good one as well :) note that the happy endings are temporary texts for now that I wrote myself, the writer will rewrite them better soon!
- several minor fixes (wrong sprites, wrong positions, etc)

What's new in 0.9.1
- fixed typos/grammar
- fixed a mysterious bug that was preventing the Max->Anne Spring Break romance CG to unlock (and as consequence, getting the final romance with her!). I've tested twice here and worked
- lowered a bit the volume of all tracks, to make them more or less same volume vs the more quiet ones :)

What's new in 0.9.0
- fixed typos/grammar
- fixed bg classroomnight not found in a Dominic CG event and the right amount of Energy in the schedule tooltip

What's new in 0.8.9
- now when you unlock an advanced job, it will automatically replace the base job in the scheduler
- changed how events affects Energy, and daily regain: now you regain +10 Energy every night, but on every event you don't lose Energy anymore, and if you Skip it you gain +5 Energy
- fixed wrong sprites in volleyball event
- lots of fixes in the texts again

What's new in 0.8.8
- fixed a crash on a certain activity "oneliner" text
- lots of fixes in the texts again
- fixed the wrong volleyball score (14 to 13 for Dominic team won't show up anymore)

What's new in 0.8.7
- fixed the right-click bug while replaying the gallery
- lots of fixes in the texts
- changed Rakesh face in main menu/relationship change to match the one in game
- fixed a crash with a particular Rakesh ending

What's new in 0.8.6 (BIG UPDATE!)
- fixed a bug when replaying Anne's CG in gallery where was showing two sprites of Max :lol:
- many typos (thanks to Oniyuri)
- when you unlock an advanced job, the old one is replaced (otherwise the Study icon would appear outside of the bottom of screen if you clicked on Reset scheduler)
- added a "?" (help) button on the scheduler showing some info/tips
- at the end of game, if you don't have a relationship of at least 20 with anyone else, the game displays more appropriate texts (you won't remember what happened to them since your weren't close). Also added the possibility that you didn't romance anyone :)
- you can no longer use the scheduler when the Winter/Spring Break big text is displayed
- fixed a bug that was causing stats to change by a bigger amount (activity that would cost double the money, stats increase too high, and so on).
- savegames description now display the right day (before was always Week XX - Monday!)
- fixed a bug that would prevent you from skipping the party/band event at the end (you would always do it even if you decided to skip)
- removed the webupdated because it caused extra bugs. NOT GOOD :mrgreen:
- tried to add a projection system for the scheduler but had some issues so don't think will implement it (don't want to break stuff that works). Maybe in a later update once the game is out.

What's new in 0.8.5
- the CG scenes replays in gallery screen now REALLY works (no more errors, I tested all of them!)
- added load/save/stats buttons in scheduler screen
- stats screen shows 0/100 relationships values
- fixed the "some activity skipping" thing. There were missing texts and some wrong random variables :mrgreen: note that even if text was skipping, you would still get the stats increases even before.
- finally fixed the repeated Winter Break ending scene (Week08 Friday)
- if you don't have enough relationship with ANY romanceable character, you won't invite anyone for Winter Break (boo!)
- made the advanced jobs consume a little more Energy to balance the game

What's new in 0.8.4
- the CG scenes replays in gallery screen now works!! :oops:
- raised the amount of the sum of the stats needed to get the alternate final ending (text only, the CG is the same) to 600. Before was 500 but that was the requirement to unlock the ending CG :lol: so it was always playing! I raised by +1 the average increase you get with the evening activities, so it should be possible to reach 600. In my normal playthroughs BEFORE this change I could reach values around 570-580 so now I think should be possible.
- fixed a bug in Max/Sally date that was always skipping it (was in the scene code, so I checked in the wrong place :mrgreen:). Now it plays correctly, so hopefully I'll get reports from people that managed to get that ending! :)

What's new in 0.8.3
- changed the Anne/Isabella so that the key point is giving her the perfect gift for Valentine. If you replay that scene, you should be able to get the Spring Break romance CG this time!
- increased the size of start week in scheduler. Still need to add a button to view stats and load/save from there, will come in next update!
- the game autoupdater now should work properly :mrgreen:
- removed the double Max/Anne sprite after the volleyball match

What's new in 0.8.2
- fixed an autoskip bug that wouldn't let you play the Anne/Dominic or Max/Sally date on Week 12 Saturday
- fixed a lot of "huge sprites" bugs :lol:
- added the proper unplugged song by Max when he plays it to Anne during Week 03 Saturday
- several minor typos/grammar fixes

What's new in 0.8.1
- bigger Anne in Dominic kiss and Max singing for cash events (actually in this case was Carmen sprite, but was too big)
- crash with the money check in Anne/Max event in week02

Pre-purchase the game to play the full beta:
http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
You can buy Max or Anne's story, or both and get a discount on the total. A bonus version is provided too, contains the game full OST by Leetstreet Boys plus some wallpapers.

Please note: this is a beta so it WILL CONTAIN BUGS! I suggest you save the game in a different slot at the beginning of every week of the game. Will be useful also to send me savegames to debug.
Web updater: I've removed it, because people keep having problems with it. Don't want to add even more bugs outside those in my own code!! :lol:
Reporting bugs: beside obvious crashing bugs (but I hope there aren't many left!) if you also notice something strange like a sprite in a wrong position (maybe covering another completely) or if something else doesn't seem to make sense let me know. There are so many variables/combos in the end that is hard to test everything! :) Anytime during the game you can press the "i" key and will display on the top-right of the screen the current line in the code, that is useful as well so I know exactly where to look.
Send me savegames! If you encounter a bug, the best way for me to solve it quickly is to have access to the savegame to check the variables. Instructions on how to send a savegame here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2971
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Re: Roommates BETA!

Post by Lonestar51 »

Yehaa!!!!!!111eleven

first finding: During reading the houserules, what Anne thinks after Dominic read rule #4:
...They only put rules in after someone's done something dumb...
Maybe "They only put such rules in..." would be better. But run the suggestion through a native speaker, maybe...

Second finding: I really like the Linux-Penguin in Anne's room. (Although a quick web search shows everybody draws penguins with yellow beak, even if no real penguin has such a beak. Still nice, reminding me of Linux. ;-) )
Last edited by Lonestar51 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

For all the grammar/text suggestion will leave last word to game writer Michael (MrEnvy8) since of course I cannot judge if they're correct or not :)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Anne and the drinking game:
Sally's holding up air quotes around boyfriend... I guess they haven't been together long?'
I am not sure if the question mark fits. However, the single ' at the end is definitly wrong.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

While Anne kisses Dominic (drinking game kiss), she is twice in the screen. Also in this sequence Dominic is so big his head is outside the screen.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Uh uh... Anne see's Max before going to class:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scheduler.rpy", line 369, in script call
File "game/scenes1_edit.rpy", line 2424, in script
File "game/scenes1_edit.rpy", line 2424, in python
NameError: name 'money' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/home/robert/games/Roommates-0.8-all/renpy/execution.py", line 294, in run
node.execute()
File "/home/robert/games/Roommates-0.8-all/renpy/ast.py", line 1519, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "/home/robert/games/Roommates-0.8-all/renpy/python.py", line 1392, in py_eval
return eval(py_compile(source, 'eval'), globals, locals)
File "game/scenes1_edit.rpy", line 2424, in <module>
NameError: name 'money' is not defined

Linux-3.5.0-17-generic-x86_64-with-debian-wheezy-sid
Ren'Py 6.17.0.263
If I press ignore during the event, I get a strange screen a short time later (after two girls arrive): I don't see the new girls, but Anne is again twice in the screen, once double-size in the middle.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Rakesh and the paint: Black screen (except for text window) when Anne goes to her room and looks up solutions on the laptop.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Why cant I pre order the max version with bonus content? Only Anne version have this option
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Going to check the bugs (the crashing one in particular) and the order page :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

ValHallen wrote:Why cant I pre order the max version with bonus content? Only Anne version have this option
Huh you're right, I mean I only wanted the anne one anyways, so I didn't notice this before.