Steam testing begins!

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
wccrawford
Young scout

Re: Steam testing begins!

Post by wccrawford »

So just to clarify... If I bought Loren from you, I'd also get a Steam key for it as well?

I ask, because I like to have a copy of the game that doesn't rely on Valve's existence to download it again, but I also like the convenience of their service. I generally order games through the Humble store if I can, because it provides that much of the time.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, if you bought it when I was already using my own serials you can redeem the steam key here: http://nettle.winterwolves.net/
otherwise email me with some info and will send a key :)
wccrawford
Young scout

Post by wccrawford »

I haven't bought it yet. The Steam release is spurring me on to do so, though. :) I just wanted to make sure I'd also get a Steam key if I bought directly from you. :)

I assume you make more money if I buy it directly from you.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes you get the Steam keys, and yes I definitely get more money (about 20-25% more) if you buy direct :) thanks
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

That's two reasons to buy future titles directly from you then, since I guess the force-disabled fanservice was a requirement to sell it on Steam.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I should put a FAQ about the fanservice thing since people keep asking it :)
Short summary: I COULD sell the uncensored version on Steam. But I didn't because: 1) needed to get an official rating which are expensive and take up a lot of time/effort 2) would get people to enter their birthdate, reducing potential market (I know seems a minor thing but has certain an impact for small titles) 3) on every update I should have submitted the game for new rating (is madness, I know) 4) I had to put censored version on the mobile portals anyway

So I decided to not do that, otherwise I would spend all my day doing admin work instead of working on new games :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Oh. Well, 1-0 is still a victory :)

There is a concern about the Steam version actually, I'll PM you because it's a little sensitive.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Samven
Young scout

Post by Samven »

I've found that there's a way to bypass the Steam censorship, actually. If you downloaded the demo version beforehand, you can play the main game "through" it. Just load up your save and it'll recognise that you've upgraded and bought the full thing with no problems.

Although, speaking of problems and the Steam version, I regret to inform that I have one. I bought the Deluxe Edition on Steam but, unfortunately, I can't access any of the DLC. When I click on "Get the expansion!", the Steam version starts up a New Game without any of the DLC being available. Meanwhile, the "upgraded demo" version takes me to the "One time activation" screen when I click the expansion option but it doesn't recognise my email address when I put it in (nor the Steam Confirmation Code, which I entered just to be sure). So, I'm not quite sure what I need to do to get onto the DLC but, if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Let me guess: you're using Linux right? :)
I've trouble with the Steam API under linux, and since I use them to check if players have the DLC installed, that doesn't work. Email me and will tell you how to fix it :)
Samven
Young scout

Post by Samven »

Actually, I'm on the Mac version. Don't know if that makes fixing it it easier or more complicated but it's what I'm on. XD