Elenor Epilogue Question (Spoilers)

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Elenor Epilogue Question (Spoilers)

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, you can assume that epilogue won't happen. Or better, it happened in one of the many parallel universes of interactive storytelling with multiple choices, but not the one we want to keep telling in the sequel :wink:
QueenOfBlades
Young scout

Post by QueenOfBlades »

Thank goodness. That makes me feel a lot better, and like I can continue the Loren/Elenor romance in Loren 2 and 3 without feeling like by allowing her to love Elenor, that
Spoiler:
I send Loren to an untimely grave later on in their lives.
Makes the game much better for us, 'cause that was the romance that just felt 'right', now we don't have to worry about the epilogue leaving a bad taste in our mouths, so to speak, for the sequels.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

And weirdly, I was alright with the Elenor/Loren ending. Admittedly, I pictured Loren was like 70 years old, and would have approved of dying an Amazon death. It made it more poignant over the the Saren/Loren one.

That said, I admit I am glad that it will be changed ;)
QueenOfBlades
Young scout

Post by QueenOfBlades »

I tried to justify it with that too and kept telling the other half that when he was nearly in tears with his mouth agape like D= when it suddenly said about Loren dying in a duel, but still, the image still stung thinking of Loren being slain like that with Elenor watching, and Elenor being around for a while afterwards. When it said that the writer was Elenor and she wanted everyone to know about Loren the Amazon Princess before going to die in peace, we were in bits.

I am very glad and happy that it will be changed. I just don't think I could enjoy the sequels properly if that was in the back of my mind all the while.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I can certainly see where you're coming from, since Elenor does seem to get a bittersweet ending (that some may or may not be okay with) while Saren gets the happily ever after style ending.

I'm really glad that we're getting a sequel and a chance at a continuation of their stories.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Odd, I didn't picture their ending as sad. Loren died after a full life and through battle; a noble death for any Amazon. However, I can understand that it is not ideal and you deserve to be satisfied with a happy romance ending. :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Maybe I read too much into the ending. Don't get me wrong, I figured Loren and Elenor had a good 30 years or so together. However, if Loren was challenged when she was say in her 50's (possibly older)...and as you established, Amazons only challenge a weak queen...then some people might only remember Loren as a weak queen. Not that it was weakness of mind or spirit, but just physicality.

Then you add the fact an elf can live 600 years or so...that would be a long time for Elenor to be grieving.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah I suspect that's one of the "problems" of an elf (or dwarf) when engaging in a relationship with a human... they're surely going to be living more than their partner! :mrgreen:
Legendzerox
Young scout

Post by Legendzerox »

jack1974 wrote:Haha those epilogues were written without knowing if there was a sequel or not. Obviously, Loren will be alive in the sequel :mrgreen:
I can understand the confusion though for people new to those games with oh-so-many-multiple-choices (and endings!) so that in the end we MUST pick some canon ending otherwise we go nuts. Even if Aleema actually started the sequel offering a big choice of "canon endings" to start from, or if you prefer "starting condition" for the new story, I think will make everyone happy!
Gotta say after reading this, I feel a lot better. I was literally devastated in the epilogue when Loren was killed in a duel with an unnamed amazon, whats worse is that followed, "Elenore never wanted for anything...except for Loren" just broke my heart. I couldn't fathom what happened either. I mean throughout the whole journey, these two individuals both started out with their own narrow minded views of the world, and as they matured, they become more complacent of everyone around them, regardless of birth or race. Loren came to heavily rely upon Elenore's council and she respected her opinion to the point she would compromise her own amazon beliefs. Elenore stopped Karen from killing herself, Elenore showed mercy, respect, and for the most part, opposed of needless killing. At the end of the game, when Loren became the queen, she abolished slavery and set them free, Loren disassembled the concubines because it disgusted her that people were calling Elenore her head concubine, so that she could solely love Elenore. She also accepted other races into the amazon tribe and made it to where there could be male amazons.

So you can see why I was devastated, because at a character standpoint, Elenore would protest the duel and denounce it, saying there is another way to decide this other than killing. Out of all the things Loren changed to recreate the amazons and make them more accepted, she never ever thought of changing the way a new queen was selected? Also I doubt Elenore would watch Loren be cut down and die before her eyes. Overall, I really love Loren The Amazon Princess. I also love the fact that you took a lot of inspiration from Dragon Age Origins. Well I eagerly await the sequel and expect awesomeness from it.
Last edited by Legendzerox on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Very Eloquently said, I agree and it's what made me move away from enjoying the Loren CG as much, putting my Elenor with Chambara or Karen.

However I can clearly see what Aleema was going for, and certainly respect that, it's a true warrior death in a culture so built on such customs.

I just happen to very much disagree with them, and dislike such a (in my opinion) waste of life.