Steam testing begins!

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Steam testing begins!

Post by jack1974 »

I have several games "almost there", but I don't think they'll get in really fast. To be honest, I think that Planet Stronghold and Spirited Heart would be the ones who could be worth it, but pure VN or dating sims... not sure how well they would do. Anyway not that would mind to get ALL the games on Steam! :lol: but I don't think is going to happen soon.
megaman12321
Young scout

Post by megaman12321 »

Miakoda wrote:On the bright side, I don't foresee any worries about censoring on the other stuff.
Steam is very off about censoring. They allow Skullgirls in with it's fanservicy people (One of my favorite fighting games) yet they are allowing Bonetown of all things into the Greenlight section, even with severe censoring. They must know what that game is about so why even let it in? Steam is just weird like that
jack1974 wrote:I have several games "almost there", but I don't think they'll get in really fast. To be honest, I think that Planet Stronghold and Spirited Heart would be the ones who could be worth it, but pure VN or dating sims... not sure how well they would do. Anyway not that would mind to get ALL the games on Steam! :lol: but I don't think is going to happen soon.
Dating Sims, probably not, but Dysfunctional Systems is pure VN yet they allowed that. I really want to see what Valve's criteria for these things are.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No I don't mean if "they allow", sure if your game is high in the ranks they'll approve it even if is a VN. I meant if my other games will get enough votes to get in soon, the one you mention had a very nice video intro and great art (which seems essential on GL).
T. Bonne
Young scout

Post by T. Bonne »

Would it be possible for me to get a steam key also? I bought Lauren around November last year, and I'm pretty sure there weren't any serials involved. Err, last year being 2012. Oops.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Email/PM me with your purchase email (I looked with the one you use in forums but found no orders).
T. Bonne
Young scout

Post by T. Bonne »

Ok, did so. Feel free to send it to that email if you'd rather.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I think you'll get a much stronger backlash for Spirited Heart than you did for Loren. It's a very limited game, both in content and gameplay. I had a pretty harsh review written, but then I got high on your other games and never finished it. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I know, on the other hand would be weird that a game I did mostly alone, back in 2009, with a budget of 1/10 of Loren would get as many positive reviews as it :lol:
Terhial
Young scout

Post by Terhial »

That caught my interest. I would be curious about how you would release Spirited Heart on Steam. I imagine that the store page would need to comment on it being an earlier title from you. Then there's the original release and the Girls Love version. I'm pretty darn sure that the romanceable gender split release is unique to your games. I have no idea how that would read to most people on the Steam store page. :) I'm definitely glad you did that and revisited Spirited-Heart that way, but that's from the perspective of someone who bought it much closer to when it came out and was waiting on the expansion and associated update to come out when I caught the news.

Things look a lot different after such releases if you don't know about them. Reminds me of playing Neverwinter Nights 2 at launch. That was a buggy mess that disenfranchised me on the game, making me wary of everything else involved with it, but every time I talk to someone about it, they loved it. When I dig for details, none of them played it at launch. Typically, they played it a year or two after. Although I did buy a complete collection of it after those discussions, since a few of the expansions came with glowing recommendations.

Moving from your own storefront and promotions must put a lot of different decisions in front of you. Still, anything that helps you get the monies to do more awesome things is good news to my ears.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, if I got that game on Steam I would probably price it lower. But I think I'll start to worry once / IF gets in, which right now doesn't seem likely for at least 2-3 months! :)