College on Saturday question

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
Miakoda
Elder Druid

College on Saturday question

Post by Miakoda »

Hope its alright, but you asked this on twitter:
a question for US people, does in college you attend classes even the Saturday? :) asking for the #Roommates scheduler
The answer is normally no. Classes are set for Mon thru Fri. I won't deny there are occasional special occurrences, though.

Depending what you have in mind, though, you can set class-related things for Saturday. In my time, I would have to attend guest lectures, give a presentation for a project, etc. on Saturday.

However, I do know there were some occasional classes that also had an extra day on Saturday as well. Not many, but some.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: College on Saturday question

Post by jack1974 »

Yes thanks :) I don't think that will work though, since I wanted to know if is a REGULAR thing, so I'll just move that event in another day :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Then the answer would be no, you would need another day. ;)

Something else to consider is night classes. I loathed the fact I ended up taking Chemistry labs from 6 PM to 9 PM...(going to bed smelling of formaldehyde or sulfur isn't recommended)
Last edited by Miakoda on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

I've had Saturday morning college classes (classes met on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday). It's not unusual. :)
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
at-a-glance
Young scout

Post by at-a-glance »

Depends on the university and whether or not you're a fulltime student or work fulltime and go to school part time. If you're getting an associates degree you can go almost exclusively on weekends. Bachelors or Masters degrees are mostly going to be weekdays because most of the professors who teach the high courses are tenured and couldn't be paid to show up on a Saturday.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I've already set my mind, thanks :) It was just one even that could clash with this, so we're just fixing the text!
Cassandre
Young scout

Post by Cassandre »

:-/ I have Saturday classes at uni. I usually take night courses at the local Univ, though, so it's like really late Friday evening and ends at 2am on Sunday. Ugh for Nanotech!
Greetings from Ukraine!