Goodbye to Leon

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Goodbye to Leon

Post by jack1974 »

today had to put to sleep my cat Leon, after a long two weeks in which we hoped he could make it. I want to remember him like this, sleeping peacefully :cry:
rooke30
Young scout

Re: Goodbye to Leon

Post by rooke30 »

He loooks so happy in that photograph.

My condolences.

May angels guide his spirit to a peaceful place
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I'm so sorry for your loss, he's such a beautiful cat. I read on twitter that he might of been poisoned?, That's horrendous.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Don't know for certain, but we asked everyone, changed 2-3 vets, and nobody was sure what exactly was going on, beside renal failure (but he was just 8 years old, so too young to have that).
The poison is just a theory, I didn't know but apparently cats are attracted by... not sure how to translate it, that anti-ice liquid you put in the car engine? and that is really dangerous for them. So he might have drank that... or maybe he ate a rat who ate first anti-rat poison. Those were theories made by the various vets, but in reality we're not sure.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

What a nice little cat. It is too bad he passed away. I feel with you.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Poor Leon! :( We call it "anti-freeze", and yep, renal failure is pretty common in cats who've been poisoned. So the theory is a highly probable one. I had a kitten who ate rat poison once and was sick for days.

My condolences to you on your loss Jack. Losing a cherished kitty is always hard. :(
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

My condolences for your loss, Jack. I've lost my dog just a few days ago and still hurts to think about her, and I know how you're feeling.

He is in a better place, and is in peace at least.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thank you all for the nice comments :)
I feel bad now obviously, but on the other hand relieved that he is not suffering anymore. It was one of those situation where there's no happy ending... at least now I can get back to work. In the past two weeks was really hard to concentrate to do anything!
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

As quick as we all would like your next game out. I personally think you should have some time off even if it's just a few days to grieve. Even the loss of a beloved pet is like loss of family.
*Big hugs*
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I find working on games relaxing and distracts me from thinking too much about it, but I'm not going to jump back to work like mad. Main goals for this month will be to have Loren tested for Steam, and maybe begin Roommates beta (probably at end of month though).